Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Well Wishes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Prayers Please (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15482)

floodcitygirl 03-06-2007 07:57 PM

Prayers Please

Hey everyone. For those of you that are so inclined I would really appreciate prayers and good thoughts for my brother, Terry. I just found out that after a stress test today, the doctors discovered a blocked artery that is severe enough that they are going to try to do a balloon and stent on Thurday. If it doesn't work they will have to open him up for a bypass. He just turned 50 and has already had a heart attack, last year.

I understand that alot of people have these kinds of procedures done but it is especially scary for me and my family, because heart disease took both of our parents and all 5 of my siblings have heart related, cholesterol, and blood pressure issues...including my sister who had to have a pace maker at 50 and a mitral valve replacement at 54 and another brother who had a heart attack a couple of years ago.

I would very much appreciate your support with this. Thanks.

PAMillerGrrl83 03-06-2007 09:05 PM

Re: Prayers Please

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all goes well.

HometownGal 03-06-2007 10:46 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your brother, Pam and please know that my thoughts and prayers are with him and your family. I know all too well the fears and uncertainty you are experiencing at this moment. Keep a positive attitude and also try to keep Terry positive, as well- it's 95% of the battle and I truly believe that. With your family's history, I hope that you get regular b/p and cholesterol readings. If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask - you know where I am. :hug:

Preacher 03-07-2007 03:09 AM

I'm sorry to hear that.. I will be praying for you!

polamalufan43 03-07-2007 07:27 AM

So sorry to hear that. My prayers are with your brother.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

floodcitygirl 03-09-2007 09:13 AM

Thanks to those that have responded. I hadn't heard anything until late last night. I don't really understand what they're thinking. Terry had a 90% blockage in one artery and a 30 and 40% in two others. The docs decided not to balloon and stent. They sadi the one with the 90% blockage had been blocked for a long time and that it had begun to grow new smaller valves around it. I guess that they are hoping that they will take over. They are putting him on some meds and planning to watch him.

That's all I know so far. I don't understand it and given our family history, along with the fact that he already had a heart attack last year, it concerns me greatly. He was at the Cleveland Clinic, though, and I know they do great work.

Thanks for your prayers. They are very much appreciated. I'll let you know if I find out something new. :smile:

steelerbackr4life 03-09-2007 05:17 PM

Prayers and well wishes to you and yours Flood!

floodcitygirl 03-10-2007 09:38 AM

I finally was able to speak to Terry yesterday. His understanding is that artery is 99% blocked. The surgeon told him that these new smaller shoots that have grown from that artery are like the heart's way of doing it's own bypass. (very cool) He gave him new meds to that he hopes will help control his cholesterol better and wants to watch and see what happens at this time rather than going in. He has one other artery that has 2 blockages...one 40 and one 30%. He told him that besides the fact that he quit smoking 4 months ago, he has to lose weight and exercise.

I know that this is Cleveland clinic or else I would think it was completely nuts. I still have serious reservations. Terry told me that he has been having shortness of breath, chest pains that extend down his arm and numbness. One look at him tells you that he isn't a picture of health. I pray that this has been a major wakeup call for him and that he will follow thru with what he says he knows he needs to do. It didn't happen after his heart attack.

Again, thanks to everyone for your prayers and support. Very much appreciated.

polamalufan43 03-10-2007 11:40 AM

Prayers still coming, and hoping he gets better.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

SteelShooter 03-10-2007 01:52 PM

Hey Sweetie,

I hope you know that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers every single day until this passes.

If you need to vent, I hope you already know to feel free and let it all out with us, either in the forum or in PM.

All of us are pulling for you.......................you're our sweetest girl here!