Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Where are the picks for Vegas?? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15577)

Jeremy 03-11-2007 09:08 AM

Where are the picks for Vegas??

I'm going to go with Kahne today. Not because I like him, but because he runs as well from the poll as anyone in the garage. Second pick is Harvick and third pick is Edwards.

Fire Haley 03-11-2007 10:11 AM

Re: Where are the picks for Vegas??

I'm afraid that track will be slicker than snot and it will a "survival of the luckiest" crashfest....any bets on the number of cautions?

It was hilarious listening to Tony blast the track management at the start of the Busch race for "fixing" everything.

Ya gotta believe!

Jeremy 03-11-2007 10:41 AM

Tony whines more than my 6 year old. The again he's about as mature as my 6 year old too. I'll never again root for the guy.

Anyway, yeah it'll be slick. I have to go with 9 cautions. My bet is that AJ Allmendinger is the cause of the first one.

Fire Haley 03-11-2007 11:21 AM

I know one thing...if Junior crashes out, nascar will have to change the "top 35"rules again

I'll have to bet Dave Regan and Yeley don't finish....the first 20 laps.

Jeremy 03-11-2007 11:23 AM

If Dale Jr has one or two more bad finishes, he'll be finished with DEI. I have read some rumors that Toyota is getting ready to offer him a package that will blow away anything offered to any driver before. It'll make the Harvick deal look like chump change. The deal would be for Dale Jr and for JR Motorsports. I really doubt Dale Jr leaves Chevy, but I guess anything is possible.

Fire Haley 03-11-2007 11:44 AM

Caption time...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...eth_vegas1.jpg

Matt: "I'll take out the #24, you take out the #48...

Jr: "bwahahahahah"

tony hipchest 03-11-2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer (Post 226957)
I know one thing...if Junior crashes out, nascar will have to change the "top 35"rules again

I'll have to bet Dave Regan and Yeley don't finish....the first 20 laps.

good call on regan. yeleys hanging tough. he better. hes my c driver in this weeks fantasy line up. i guess if people are interested we need to get a weekly nascar thread going again. my pick for this week woulda been burton just cause of his history at the track, his recent success with childress, and because in the 2 races this year, the winner on sat. wins on sunday.

kahne woulda been my #2 and kyle busch my #3 with johnson, and stewart probably rounding out my top 5

Jeremy 03-11-2007 07:03 PM

"I didn't even look at the light."

It's no wonder that Jimmie Johnson and Matt Kenseth have enjoyed more success than Dale Jr.

Fire Haley 03-11-2007 07:22 PM

You've got to be kidding me......a sow's ear...silk purse...........sumptin' sumptin'

What a great way to finish a most crappy race!

The strategy game done worked good boys! woo-hoo!

I'll take a 4th place anyday after that mess.

Up to 5th in points.

Yeah - that was a bad blunder by Jr

Jeremy 03-11-2007 07:24 PM

I'm sold on Jimmie Johnson and Chad Knaus as the best combo in NASCAR. I think he's going to defend his title this season.