Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   SteelCzar76's Mock 1st rnd. (And i'm sticking to it.) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15634)

SteelCzar76 03-13-2007 03:34 PM

SteelCzar76's Mock 1st rnd. (And i'm sticking to it.)
 
1) Raiders: Jamarcus Russell
This is a no brainer,....they don't have a Qb. Russell is a specimen and an instant upgrade for their offense.
2) Lions: Brady Quinn
There's much talk of Thomas here. But once again,....you don't pass on franchise QB's when you don't have one.
3) Browns: Adrian Peterson
Sure they signed Lewis,....but Peterson is the future. (And you can never have too much quality in regards to a running game)
4) Bucs: Calvin Johnson
C'mon do i even need to explain ?
5) Cardinals: Joe Thomas
Cards get their 'guy'.
6) Redskins: Gaines Adams
7) Vikings: Chris Houston
The only impact corner in a very mediocre class.
8) Texans: Laron Landry
Texans need help at Safety,...and Laron is hands down the best of his class.(not to mention one of the best players available in the entire draft)
9) Dolphins: Alan Branch
10) Falcons: Amobi Okoye
Reunited with college coach Bobby Petrino.
11) 49ers: Adam Carriker
Gives Nolan's Defense the impact and flexibilty that he needs up front.
12) Bills: Marshawn Lynch
Fills the void left by McGahee
13) Rams: Patrick Willis
Best linebacker of his class.
14) Panthers: Greg Olsen
Can't argue their need for a recieving TE. And Olsen has good size, exceptional speed and could catch a cold in the Mojave desert.
15) STEELERS: Jamaal Anderson DE/DT
Is an absolute beast that projects to be similar to Julius Peppers. Should have been gone much sooner,...but we get lucky. For those crying "pass rush",......you got it.
16) Packers: Tedd Ginn
17) Jaguars: Reggie Nelson
18) Bengals: Leon Hall
19) Titans: Dwayne Jarrett
20) Giants: Levi Brown
21) Broncos: Jarvis Moss
22) Cowboys: Michael Griffin
23) Chiefs: Dwayne Bowe
24) Patriots: Darelle Revis
25) Jets: Anthony Spencer
26) Eagles: Paul Posluzny
27) Saints: Aaron Ross
28) Patriots: Eric Weddle
29) Ravens: Justin Blalock
30) Chargers: Anthony Gonzalez
31) Bears: Jon Beason
32) Colts: Lawrence Timmons

Jeremy 03-13-2007 05:41 PM

Re: SteelCzar76's Mock 1st rnd. (And i'm sticking to it.)
 
Posluzny to the Eagles seems an awful lot like sacrilege.

SteelCzar76 03-13-2007 06:06 PM

Re: SteelCzar76's Mock 1st rnd. (And i'm sticking to it.)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 227755)
Posluzny to the Eagles seems an awful lot like sacrilege.


Hey,....at least he gets to stay in P.A. LOL

SteelCityMan786 03-13-2007 06:22 PM

Re: SteelCzar76's Mock 1st rnd. (And i'm sticking to it.)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 (Post 227782)
Hey,....at least he gets to stay in P.A. LOL

the wrong side of PA.

boLT fan 03-13-2007 06:47 PM

Re: SteelCzar76's Mock 1st rnd. (And i'm sticking to it.)
 
I still don't think the Raiders are going to take a QB. I've never heard anything out of the Raiders saying they are even considering it, i've only heard it from the media so I still don't buy it.

Good draft, though.

SteelCzar76 03-13-2007 07:01 PM

Re: SteelCzar76's Mock 1st rnd. (And i'm sticking to it.)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boLT fan (Post 227805)
I still don't think the Raiders are going to take a QB. I've never heard anything out of the Raiders saying they are even considering it, i've only heard it from the media so I still don't buy it.

Good draft, though.


I feel you Bolt. But i just don't see how the Raiders could actually afford to pass on a QB ? Bearing in mind the fact that they have absoloutely no quality at the position.
Though one might argue that they deal Moss, draft Calvin Johnson and turn around and pick up Drew Stanton in the 2nd ? But then that would shake my Mock to the foundation.:banging: LOL
Whatever the case it's too late now,......like i said,....i'm sticking to it. :sofunny:

Jeremy 03-14-2007 09:22 AM

Re: SteelCzar76's Mock 1st rnd. (And i'm sticking to it.)
 
Al Davis loves the vertical passing game. It's hard to say that he'll pass on a kid with a cannon for an arm even if there are concerns about his maturity. Lane Kiffin has dealt with those kinds of players before and I'm sure he's not all that concerned.

Livinginthe past 03-14-2007 05:37 PM

Re: SteelCzar76's Mock 1st rnd. (And i'm sticking to it.)
 
Picks 1 through to 5 seem nailed on - well, as nailed on as you get trying to predict the draft.

I think its possible to predict what teams would 'like' to if the most likely scenario was to arise (like you have done) but everytime a team picks someone unexpected it throws the whole thing right up in the air.

Having said all that, i'll have another go (and hopefully avoid humiliation) at a mock draft again this year.

Posluzny to the Eagles is a nice pick- they are desperate for run defenders - then again they've always had great depth in their DB's - and they have just lost a couple to free agency.

I like the DB pick for the Patriots - it would seem like the last area of real need (apart from run stuffing LBers who may be drafted later).

Although im happy to see the Patriots go DB again I havent heard much about this Weddle, having just read a bit about him 1st round seems like a stretch - safety seems a relatively deep skill this year.

SteelCzar76 03-14-2007 06:43 PM

Re: SteelCzar76's Mock 1st rnd. (And i'm sticking to it.)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past (Post 228075)
Picks 1 through to 5 seem nailed on - well, as nailed on as you get trying to predict the draft.

I think its possible to predict what teams would 'like' to if the most likely scenario was to arise (like you have done) but everytime a team picks someone unexpected it throws the whole thing right up in the air.

Having said all that, i'll have another go (and hopefully avoid humiliation) at a mock draft again this year.

Posluzny to the Eagles is a nice pick- they are desperate for run defenders - then again they've always had great depth in their DB's - and they have just lost a couple to free agency.

I like the DB pick for the Patriots - it would seem like the last area of real need (apart from run stuffing LBers who may be drafted later).

Although im happy to see the Patriots go DB again I havent heard much about this Weddle, having just read a bit about him 1st round seems like a stretch - safety seems a relatively deep skill this year.


I have you guys going with Revis because of the contract situation with Assante Samuel. I also have you guys taking Eric Weddle at Safety because let's face it,......Harrison is a stud,....but he may be on the downside of his career. (Along with the fact that you guys seemed to have filled your needs at WR and LB via free agency.)
Weddle is not a physical specimen,... but to me he has Patriot written all over him. He was extremely productive at Utah. He's a fundamentally sound, disciplined, hard worker with great range,... and is always 'around the ball'.
He's not flashy,.. but he's a playmaker. The knock on him was his speed (or lack thereof) but he turned in a 4.4 at the combine.
You could go with a 'physical' stud like Sabby Piscitelli,.....but Weddle just seems like a better fit. Simply put,....the kid is a 'Football player' IMO.

tony hipchest 03-14-2007 06:57 PM

Re: SteelCzar76's Mock 1st rnd. (And i'm sticking to it.)
 
the pats 1st 2 picks could move them up to right where laron landry is slotted to go.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum