Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NOW, who is your starting RB's (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1565)

BlitzburghRockCity 08-27-2005 01:11 AM

NOW, who is your starting RB's

Well lets see.. there's Staley w/ a knee out till atleast week 2, then there's Haynes w/ a knee as well who can still play but is not as effective right now, then there's Jerome w/ his calf that hopefully isnt serious..so that leaves.....

Taa Daa... Willie Parker and Noah Herron..

and you can bet Parker won't play much if at all in the last preseason game just to keep him healthy, so looks like Herron will be the work horse along w/ Haynes as much as he can.

Prosdo 08-27-2005 01:23 AM

Re: NOW, who is your starting RB's

Yes it is looking that way. Not a good turn for us. Thankfully this is preseason and hopefully is not a long term thing. Don't get me wrong I like Willie alot. But what happens if something happens to him *knock on wood*. We are left with a rookie runningback,Herron and a bit of a banged up Haynes.

ironcitychef 08-27-2005 08:03 AM

funny though, the RB situation may now decide our QB decisions of keeping 2 or 3. We may go with 2 just to have another RB available.

SteelZeal 08-27-2005 08:36 AM

This could be a blessing in disguise.

I'm not saying it will definitely be such a thing, but it could be. Willie Parker is going to get some serious carries when the season rolls around, and the way he's been running in the preseason, that's definitely a good thing. Bettis won't be here next year, and Staley might not be here either....so Fast Willie? Let's see what you got. He can explode out of obscurity. And he's the only skill player who's looked good this preseason.

This wasn't the best way to give Willie a chance, but it's still a way.

BlitzburghRockCity 08-27-2005 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironcitychef
funny though, the RB situation may now decide our QB decisions of keeping 2 or 3. We may go with 2 just to have another RB available.

Yeah I agree, this could definately sway the 3 QB thing...however also, becuz Ben didnt look good this preseason at all, they may not want to rely on just 1 backup in any circumstance so which mean an xtra WR roster spot could suffer too.

Avoid LLoyd1975 08-27-2005 10:57 AM

GO willie. Jerome is too old, fat and injury prone. Staley is a bum and Haynes is injury prone who can't get it done.

clevestinks 08-27-2005 11:06 AM

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that The Bus hits the holes, then turns his back to the pressure and tries to roll off. It was the same last year. I know it works for him but seeing Willie Parker hit the holes so fast, I like it. Portis was hitting his holes lighting fast against us.

Willie will be our next star.

Stlrs4Life 08-27-2005 03:07 PM

If healthy, i still start Bettis, and split the time between Parker and Staley. That way they are all rested.

RoethlisBURGHer 08-27-2005 03:15 PM

After watching Willie Parker run last night...I am convinced he is the future.

Justin Otstott 08-27-2005 04:48 PM

yes willie parker is looking real good, I already like this guy!