Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   calvin johnsons pro day work outs today (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15689)

tony hipchest 03-15-2007 06:11 PM

calvin johnsons pro day work outs today

standing broad jump- 11'7" :jawdrop:

vertical leap- 42" :jawdrop:

chris mortenson reported these are the best numbers for any player in recent history. add that to his 4.35 at the combine in borrowed shoes, and 6'5", 239 lb measurements and you get :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

SteelCzar76 03-15-2007 06:48 PM

Re: calvin johnsons pro day work outs today

Beast 'Squared'

MasterOfPuppets 03-15-2007 07:04 PM

kinda be difficult for any team to pass on him reguardless of thier needs.

Suitanim 03-15-2007 07:11 PM

Detroit? I think the natives burn down Ford Field if the Lions drafted another WR with their first pick...

tony hipchest 03-15-2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim (Post 228407)
Detroit? I think the natives burn down Ford Field if the Lions drafted another WR with their first pick...

shame on them for painting themselves in a corner where they would have to pass on a player like this.

johnson seems to be of primo character too. i doubt his main focus is burning the ganga like charles rodgers.

lilyoder6 03-15-2007 07:39 PM

calvin johnson is going to be a beast his rookie yr.. i look at tampa picking him up to upgrade there off.. would be nice if we could get him... but can only wish

GBMelBlount 03-15-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 228377)
standing broad jump- 11'7" :jawdrop:

vertical leap- 42" :jawdrop:

chris mortenson reported these are the best numbers for any player in recent history. add that to his 4.35 at the combine in borrowed shoes, and 6'5", 239 lb measurements and you get :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

I think the QB/WR convert Jacksonville picked up in the first round - Matt Jones - is 6'5" , weighs 230's and ran a 2.39 at the combine. Comparable in those stats, but he had no track record. This guy still sounds like an absolute freak. Thank god we're never bad enough to get a shot at these guys.....I think.

Suitanim 03-15-2007 08:03 PM

Calvin Johnson played on a mediocre GT team with a horrible QB, and still put up good stats. With some good coaching, a little discipline and an NFL QB to toss the ball to him, he should be a stellar NFL WR.

SteelCzar76 03-15-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim (Post 228407)

Actually Suit Detroit's fans may not react the way some would think if the Lions were to select Johnson. (IMO) What i mean by this is,....anyone with any measure of football knowledge understands that he is a once in a generation type player.
And it's not as though Mike Williams,.... or even worse yet Charles Rodgers,......have become the 'threat' opposite Roy Williams that many expected them to be.
Do i think they take him ?,.....no,.... it's about time they got a QB. But if they did,.....i believe many would be hard pressed to honestly find fault with the pick. (He's just simply that good)

Suitanim 03-16-2007 03:02 PM

It would open up old wounds, though. Detroit football fans aren't stupid, and this would be a huge reminder of how many first round picks they've wasted.

Then again, if they weren't perennial losers, they'd have no shot at this pick HAD they picked like a rational NFL team would in 3 of the last 4 drafts...