Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A crazy idea that will never happen and I'm gonna get yelled at for... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1571)

TasmanianTroy271 08-28-2005 12:18 AM

A crazy idea that will never happen and I'm gonna get yelled at for...

Ok, I'm putting my neck out there right now....

Why not put Maddox in, if Ben keeps sucks the whole first half? Maddox's downfall 2 seasons ago was that the line could'nt hold up, and he's a pocket passer. Once he's touched, he goes down like a sack of potatoes. Our line is obviously doing great this season, and Ben stood in the pocket against the skins and threw nothing. Put Maddox in and if he doesn't do anything, oh well, what have we lost?

go ahead, chew me out... :P

Lyn 08-28-2005 12:39 AM

Re: A crazy idea that will never happen and I'm gonna get yelled at for...

No need to chew you out or anyone out for your opinion. I personally feel that some of the Steeler fans are getting way too upset over what may be many reasons for losing the 3rd preseason game. I say let them gel and keep a positive attitude.

Just my .02 cents worth:)

BlitzburghRockCity 08-28-2005 01:18 AM

Cowher will stick w/ Ben, he's the future he's the one we are banking on to get us to the promised land.. That being said, Cowher has never been afraid to bench any player, including QB's, when they just arent having a good day or consecutive game days. He wont permantly bench him, but having Ben sit if he struggles wouldnt be the worst thing. Dont look for it to happen anytime soon though, even if ben struggles for the first month of the season, Cowher will still back him...unless Ben is totally doing nothing and hurting the team for several weeks in a row, then u MIGHT see it.

Prosdo 08-28-2005 02:51 AM

I think Ben's playing will come together, but if it doesn't I don't think Cowher will shy away from benching him for a little. As Blitz said I don't expect to see that any time soon though.

clevestinks 08-28-2005 05:43 AM

I`m not going that far yet! But I understand where your coming from. For me , I just wouldn`t want to ruffle Bens feathers yet. He is obviously going through some confidence problems now. And that wouldn`t help. But on the other hand. I want to win. I don`t care if we bring back Bubby Brister, lol, I just want to win.

BlitzburghRockCity 08-28-2005 06:53 PM

As long as he doesnt cry on the sidelines, we're already ahead of the game....

BigBen2WardPITT 08-28-2005 07:12 PM

too early, but we will see.

its also a prblem at WR. Buress helped big ben A LOT last year.

Koopa 08-28-2005 08:29 PM

sitting ben might screw him up, he might lose all the confedince he's ever had and just play like shit the rest of his career. they should keep him in there and let him make his mistakes early so he can fix them and get his stuff down. he's been playing like crap but it's not totally his fault he can't get into a rytem, last year when i got to see games he always started off kinda slow and then in the second half he got into his rythm and played great and came through in the clutch, right now he hasn't had a chance they run twice and by the time he gets to throw it's 3rd and 8 and he can't get into a rythm like that. i don't think there's that much of a reason to worry about big ben he'll be just fine he just needs to play more and get into his rythm. playin a quater and a half and only going out on the field three times won't give him a chance, wait till week 4 and if he's still playing like crap then we can start to worry but it's just preseason.

pitt 08-29-2005 09:52 AM

I don't think putting Tommy in is a bad idea. I understand that the coach doesn't want to undermine a players confidence by pulling him out, but there has to be a limit. If you can't complete a pass in the first half of the game, you need to sit down and let someone else try and get the job done.

Steel - X 08-29-2005 09:57 AM

I maybe new here but that would be a very bad idea. What was his record last season? I think it was pretty good if memory serves me correctly. Its preseason you can not bank on this as the future for the season. Maybe piss him off by playing Maddox in the first quarter of the final preseason game but you have to give the kid his job. I think once Heath understands the system Ben will be fine.