Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   IF Maddox went to the Bears... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1579)

TasmanianTroy271 08-28-2005 12:03 PM

IF Maddox went to the Bears...

Ok, I've heard a couple places saying that the Bears are looking at Tommy, but if we were to do this, who should we do it for? I don't know much about the Bears roster, or maybe draft picks? what do you guys think?

clevestinks 08-28-2005 01:23 PM

Re: IF Maddox went to the Bears...

I think this would be a stupid move on our part. Ben has not played well, and he needs Tommy as a mentor. Also we may need Tommy as a qb.

TasmanianTroy271 08-28-2005 02:07 PM

I know it wouldnt be a good move, i'm saying IF we did trade, what should we do it for? a veteran RB? draft pick? a CB? that's what I mean.

LambertIsGod58 08-28-2005 02:13 PM

Trade for Thomas Jones...But, I think that Parker will suffice. I think we should leave well enough alone.

bengalsfan21 08-28-2005 03:02 PM

They wanted Kitna right after Rex went down, I think they will just about give anything up for a veteran QB...They are unsure of Grossmans abilities and they know hutchinson isn't worth anything......It will be interesting to see who they end up with...They signed Jeff Blake for crying out loud, and if he ends up beating out Hutchinson everyone will know they have qb problems.

BlitzburghRockCity 08-28-2005 07:54 PM

Tommy won't go anywhere.. the Steelers are not going to go into this season w/ expectations this high.. and have our backups be a guy who hasnt taken an nfl regular season game snap in almost 3 years(batch) and guy who has almost never taken one (bsp).

Prosdo 08-28-2005 08:25 PM

I don't think the Steelers would give them Maddox. If they would trade a QB I think it would be Batch.

BlitzburghRockCity 08-29-2005 12:10 AM

I agree.. even though the press thinks BSP will be the one to be released, Im still thinking it will be batch, it just makes more sense. IMO

Prosdo 08-29-2005 01:13 AM

I agree with you Blitz. I rather see them trade Batch and maybe get something for him. Not sure what all they would get. I think right now BSP makes more sense at the number 3 spot.

BlitzburghRockCity 08-29-2005 01:15 AM

Batch will be FA after this year, so if we're gonna do it, now is the time.. although I think the highest we could get for him would be a 4th round pick.. But I'd take it!