Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Everyone is downing Willie, but Cowher is high on him... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1585)

BigBen2WardPITT 08-28-2005 07:26 PM

Everyone is downing Willie, but Cowher is high on him...

alot of people here are downing willie parker, but i like the kid. He hasan't got alot of time out there so i cant judge him, but every time he comes in he looks good. He looked great at the skins game on that one play. He oplayed well in the game before against starters/ Cowher is really high on this guy, many reports have said he is. He really likes the kid. I trust Cowher too. We are a pure running team, and i think cowher knows when he sees talent. I have a feeling that Parker could have a breakout year. If not we gotta draft a RB in the first round of the draft. :D

Prosdo 08-28-2005 07:29 PM

Re: Everyone is downing Willie, but Cowher is high on him...

I like Willie Parker as well. The only thing that bothers me is that our #1 and #2 backs may not be healthy. We know Duce isn't, but Bettis is up in the air. I have always wanted to see Parker get more snaps during the season. Maybe coming in to mix things up with Duce and Jerome. I must say I am nervous potentially going into a game with Parker, Haynes, and Herron.

BlitzburghRockCity 08-28-2005 11:14 PM

Most of us are high on Willie,...he's got tons of speed, a big heart, and the desire is definatley there. All we are worried about is our bread n butter, our base offense being left in the hands of a relative unknown. For everything he has done awesome last year when he played in a few games, and in preseason, you have to be alittle concerened about the overall health of our RB's and of the inexperience of Willie.

Im pulling for him 110% and hope he blows everyone away each and every chance he gets...but we still need a big back, jerome/staley, etc to get those tough yards when u need em, a guy that can move the pile.

Prosdo 08-29-2005 12:17 AM

That's the thing in my opinion. Say Willie does become the starter. We need a big back to compliment him. Right now behind him we have a draft pick with little experience Noah Herron and then we have Verron Haynes who seems to be slightly injuried.

Koopa 08-29-2005 12:21 AM

to me willie is freakin crucial, i love underdog stories and he's gonna be one i can feel it. in madden 06 i made him my starting back he's fast but sucks in the game if i get bored i just might have to supe him up a little. i hope he starts at least one or two games, we all saw what he could do when he had second string line men blocking for him running against a very good defense that was fighting for their playoff lives last year. i think he was the only back all season to rush for over 100 yards on the bills last year. willie will shut all them haters up, por favor believe it

RoethlisBURGHer 08-29-2005 11:48 AM

Williw Parker is the fucking future at RB for this team.I love him,and so does my grandpa.

clevestinks 08-29-2005 03:51 PM

I don`t know how people could be down on him. All he does is gain yards every time he plays.

SteelerFanInATL 08-29-2005 04:10 PM

Willie P. is going to do great things for the Steelers. Opertunity is knocking and he is going thru loud and proud. Look out Duce, this is your potential replacement. Overall the backfield has never looked this good and deep. Just goes to show what good scouting can do.

Avoid LLoyd1975 08-30-2005 01:24 PM

I agree with Roethlisburgher. Damn bro tell us how you really feel....I like your reply. I like this kid alot. Hopefully the coaching staff puts him in the right position to succeed.

Stlrs4Life 08-30-2005 07:34 PM

I'm not downing Willie Parker. He's going to be 1 good RB for us!