Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers/Panthers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1594)

Kyle82 08-29-2005 02:33 AM

Steelers/Panthers

Hey Guys,
Give me your thoughts on the Game this Thursday :busted:
The Panther's Starters will have limited action as I am sure you guys will be limiting your first string :jammin:
I still think the Cat's will come off with the win :bouncy:

SteelersWyo 08-29-2005 09:24 AM

Re: Steelers/Panthers

You will be lucky to see a few if any Steelers starters, and then maybe for 1 quarter. Injuries are starting to eat us up. Its probably best to work on our troubles in practice and save bodies for what looks like it could be a bad season. Panthers should roll.

SteelR1 08-29-2005 11:06 AM

The panthers defense will certainly give our o-line a true test!!!!!!

I'm feeling a very slow game with a lot of punting...

Kyle82 08-29-2005 11:34 AM

Yeah, two of our best defensive players will sit out Thursday; Julius Peppers (ankle sprain) and Kris Jenkins (sore back) :o
We will just be auditioning some guys fighting for roster spots before next weeks final cut, but it should be a good game anyway :chug:

Koopa 08-29-2005 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersWyo
You will be lucky to see a few if any Steelers starters, and then maybe for 1 quarter. Injuries are starting to eat us up. Its probably best to work on our troubles in practice and save bodies for what looks like it could be a bad season. Panthers should roll.

mayne don't lose faith so fast. it's only preseason, the offense will get better, ben will get better, you can't expect him to be god when he has a bunch of 4'2" wrs. he needs to adjust to their lack of height, and when heath gets better with the system he'll have him to throw the ball to. everything will fall into place and we'll make the playoffs, how far we go is still in the air but we will make it. just have faith!!

Koopa 08-29-2005 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle82
Hey Guys,
Give me your thoughts on the Game this Thursday :busted:
The Panther's Starters will have limited action as I am sure you guys will be limiting your first string :jammin:
I still think the Cat's will come off with the win :bouncy:

ya'll probably beat the crap out of us.

wcpf78 08-29-2005 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKoopa
ya'll probably beat the crap out of us.

What is wrong with the Steelers offense this preseason.

Blitzburgh55 08-29-2005 07:51 PM

it dosent really matter who has a better 2nd and 3rd stirng thats it

tootalltoscore 08-29-2005 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wcpf78

What's an offense?

Koopa 08-29-2005 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wcpf78

i'm guessing they haven't been able to be on the field all that much together, that first games against the eagles they barely played, and against the redskins they ran 490 times and expected ben to be in a rythm. i think the offense will start clicking as soon as they start getting more reps together. to bad they couldn't do it in the preseason, the defense and special teams was just to good and didn't let the first string offense play all that much cause they kept scoring, and when they did get to play they looked like crap cause none of them were in a rythm.