Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Recipes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Vidalia Onion Spread (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15951)

Mamaduck43 03-28-2007 08:18 AM

Vidalia Onion Spread

This is soooooo easy, and sooooooo yummy - - - make sure you have enough ingredients for two batches, since the first batch will disappear in a flash..... It is best with Vidalia Onions, but you can substitute any mild sweet onion..... If you must used a food processor, just pulse the onions a couple of times - - - too small will make this mushy - - - too big - - too crunchy.....

Vidalia Onion Spread
1 Cup coarsley chopped Vidalia onions
1 Cup Hellmann's/Best Foods mayonnaise
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese (I really like sharp in this one)
Paprika

Combine onions, mayo, and cheese. Pour into a 1-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350? for 25 minutes. Blot with paper towel to remove excess oil. Serve hot with Triscuits. Yield: 6-8 servings

HometownGal 03-29-2007 08:38 PM

Re: Vidalia Onion Spread

That sounds scrumptuous Mamaduck! I'm going to a lingerie party next weekend and this will be perfect to bring along. Thanks hon! :cheers:

Maidenarcher 03-31-2007 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamaduck43 (Post 232664)
This is soooooo easy, and sooooooo yummy - - - make sure you have enough ingredients for two batches, since the first batch will disappear in a flash..... It is best with Vidalia Onions, but you can substitute any mild sweet onion..... If you must used a food processor, just pulse the onions a couple of times - - - too small will make this mushy - - - too big - - too crunchy.....

Vidalia Onion Spread
1 Cup coarsley chopped Vidalia onions
1 Cup Hellmann's/Best Foods mayonnaise
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese (I really like sharp in this one)
Paprika

Combine onions, mayo, and cheese. Pour into a 1-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350? for 25 minutes. Blot with paper towel to remove excess oil. Serve hot with Triscuits. Yield: 6-8 servings

I had that at a luncheon at work not too long ago,and it was awesome. I have been wanting the recipe, so thanks.

BettisFan 04-01-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 233215)
That sounds scrumptuous Mamaduck! I'm going to a lingerie party next weekend and this will be perfect to bring along. Thanks hon! :cheers:

:tt02: me me me i wanna coem me me me:tt02: lol:cheers:

polamalufan43 04-01-2007 11:24 AM

Sounds scrumptious, this is a must try...

~Polamalufan43:tt02: