Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Steelers Experience (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   L C Greenwood (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15970)

abgroove 03-29-2007 07:21 AM

L C Greenwood

I was a kid at the barber on the Hill with my dad. L C was a couple of chairs away from me. I remember looking at him when he stood up and thinking that he was the biggest person that I had ever seen. My dad told me to get his autograph, but I was a little kid, he was the biggest person that I had ever seen, and I was scared. He did come over and shake my hand, but I didn't get an autograph. Partially because I didn't know what to say. This was around 1979-80. I still think L C is deserving of the HOF, by the way.

steeler-dude 04-22-2007 10:08 PM

Re: L C Greenwood

He is scheduled to be at Heinz Field this Saturday at the Fan Blitz. I can't wait to meet him, and I have some Gold shoes I want him to autograph.

fansince'76 04-23-2007 09:09 PM

L.C. is the unfortunate victim of HoF "saturation," much like Jerry Kramer. The voters for the Hall don't want to see "too many" players from the same team in there, even if the guy deserves to get in. Unfair, but that's the way it is.

HometownGal 04-25-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 240401)
L.C. is the unfortunate victim of HoF "saturation," much like Jerry Kramer. The voters for the Hall don't want to see "too many" players from the same team in there, even if the guy deserves to get in. Unfair, but that's the way it is.

Yes - unfortunately this is the way it is and it is a travesty. LC was just as much a part of that Steel Curtain D as those who were already inducted and he should not be left out because of NFL "politics".

LambertIsGod58 04-25-2007 07:26 PM

LC was the All-Time Sack leader until Gildon came along....

john4psu 05-01-2007 11:01 PM

Agreed, he should be in the HOF. He dominated perennial pro-bowler Ron Yary in Super Bowl IX. The left side of the Steelers front seven was the best ever (as was the team and that defense). Greenwood-Greene and behind them Ham.

RoethlisBURGHer 05-01-2007 11:26 PM

LC deserves enshrinment,but if the HoF were to induct him,they'd have to induct a Cowboy to keep thinks good with the Cowpatties and thier fans.

abgroove 05-18-2007 07:38 AM

LC should 100% be in the HOF. Ain't politics grand

LambertIsGod58 05-19-2007 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john4psu (Post 244076)
Agreed, he should be in the HOF. He dominated perennial pro-bowler Ron Yary in Super Bowl IX. The left side of the Steelers front seven was the best ever (as was the team and that defense). Greenwood-Greene and behind them Ham.

I think Lambert was just as good as Hammer!!:dang: