Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Recipes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Chicken & Rice (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15977)

floodcitygirl 03-29-2007 10:05 AM

Chicken & Rice

Very simple...

2 each cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, 1 can cream of mushroom soup mix together. Add 2 cups of rice uncooked. mix well. Put it in a baking dish. Put 6 chicken pieces on top (I use breasts.) Sprinkle evenly 1 pkg of onion soup mix on top. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hr. Uncover and bake for 1/2 hour more.

BettisFan 03-29-2007 07:12 PM

Re: Chicken & Rice

my favorate is chikin and rice soup

SteelShooter 03-29-2007 10:22 PM

Mmmm - Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Mamaduck43 03-30-2007 06:21 PM

I am wondering if some extra liquid should be added to this recipe - - - or do you mean to add the canned soups along with the usual can of milk per can of soup.....

As written, it looks kind of dry..... Thanks.....

BettisFan 03-30-2007 10:44 PM

make the soup its really good

BlacknGold Bleeder 03-30-2007 11:04 PM

Sounds good when's dinner??

BettisFan 03-31-2007 09:58 AM

16 minutes be sure u look clean cut we are having company over

floodcitygirl 03-31-2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamaduck43 (Post 233465)
I am wondering if some extra liquid should be added to this recipe - - - or do you mean to add the canned soups along with the usual can of milk per can of soup.....

As written, it looks kind of dry..... Thanks.....

I have never added water and the chicken and rice have always turned out very flavorful and not dry at all. For this dish, I don't use the boneless, skinless chicken that I normally do. Give it a try and let me know what you think, then you'll know for the next time if addding water would be more to your liking. As I said, I've never done it, but I don't guess it would hurt. :smile:

This recipe is great when you have little time for prep but plenty of time to let it bake. It makes the house smell like you've been cooking all day! I have put this together alot for friends and neighbors that have just had babies or an illness. I just take it unbaked so they can pop it in the oven when they are ready. Send it with a salad and some rolls, and it makes a nice dinner. It's never failed to get a request for the recipe.

BettisFan 03-31-2007 02:05 PM

but when u do add the water it tastes even better

polamalufan43 04-01-2007 10:45 AM

Yummy.... dinner time!

~Polamalufan43:tt02: