Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   trade faneca and #15 pick... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16002)

tony hipchest 03-30-2007 12:31 AM

trade faneca and #15 pick...
 
to arizona for their #1 and #2.

(for all the draftnicks) how does this sound? more specifically, what if we were guranteed to land gaines adams and j. blaylock?

how does adams grade against a player like merriman, and how does blaylock grade against faneca coming out of the draft?

of course when you trade you wanna feel like youre giving it to your trading partner with no vaseline, but the rooneys dont necessarily operate that way. if adams is a merriman type impact player AND if blaylock can hold his own and potentially have 5-7 pro bowl bids in the next 10 years, this is a trade that is fair to both sides, yet definitely benefits us and our needs for the long haul.

am i looking at fools gold? a move like this would have no negative impact on our cap. it would probably save us tons of $$$ for the long haul.

i know AZ wouldnt give up #6 for faneca and he is worth more than their 2nd alone...

thoughs? scenarios? what could we do with the #6 pick and 2 2nd rounders?

SteelShooter 03-30-2007 05:55 AM

Re: trade faneca and #15 pick...
 
Hmmmmmmm, that is definitely thought provoking Tony.

Dammit! Let's just get the draft here! This is killing me!

Buzz05 03-30-2007 08:02 AM

Re: trade faneca and #15 pick...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 233303)

i know AZ wouldnt give up #6 for faneca and he is worth more than their 2nd alone...

thoughs? scenarios? what could we do with the #6 pick and 2 2nd rounders?

I def. think Faneca is worth more then their # 6 and 2nd rounder..maybe get their 2nd rounder next year as you said Tony. But i think it would be worth looking into. Faneca can be reunited with his boy Grimm as it seems like he wants. I have a feeling he is gonna be leaving for the 'dry heat' after the season anyway, we might as well get something for him right?

TJSteeler 03-30-2007 11:17 AM

Re: trade faneca and #15 pick...
 
Based on the draft value chart, Arizona's picks at 6 and 38 are worth 2120 (1600+520), the steelers 15th is worth 1050. So essentially the value on Faneca is 1070 or basically a 15th pick. A good way to look at it is would you trade our 15th pick for Faneca if he were on another team. I would say yes but if other teams believe he is going to hold out etc they may want to devalue him to a lower first or second round pick thinking the steelers are desparate.

Personally, I think Faneca will be back in the fold and happy before training camp and I would rather see us trade down. Our #15 pick for Atlanta's 39th, 44th and 5th rounder. Thats works based on the value chart and would give us 3 picks between 39th and 46th, which in this draft is where it looks like a lot of value can be had.

tony hipchest 03-30-2007 01:15 PM

Re: trade faneca and #15 pick...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TJSteeler (Post 233358)
Based on the draft value chart, Arizona's picks at 6 and 38 are worth 2120 (1600+520), the steelers 15th is worth 1050. So essentially the value on Faneca is 1070 or basically a 15th pick. A good way to look at it is would you trade our 15th pick for Faneca if he were on another team. I would say yes but if other teams believe he is going to hold out etc they may want to devalue him to a lower first or second round pick thinking the steelers are desparate.

Personally, I think Faneca will be back in the fold and happy before training camp and I would rather see us trade down. Our #15 pick for Atlanta's 39th, 44th and 5th rounder. Thats works based on the value chart and would give us 3 picks between 39th and 46th, which in this draft is where it looks like a lot of value can be had.

good points. i dont think faneca will hold out. thats what i did, was look at the value chart (arizona is at 5 and 37). this puts fanecas value right at 12-13th pick.

then i asked myself, would arizona pick him at 13 if he were thrown into the draft? yes.
where would faneca rank compared to other linemen in the draft? probably 3rd right behind levi brown and j. thomas. to me it seems fair value and fair trade. fanecas age and contract situation are negated by his experience and status. while you could be getting the next robert gallery if you select thomas or brown, you know exactly what youre getting if you trade for faneca.

BettisFan 03-30-2007 02:16 PM

Re: trade faneca and #15 pick...
 
who would we draft with arizonas picks?

Black@Gold Forever32 03-30-2007 03:44 PM

Re: trade faneca and #15 pick...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 233303)
to arizona for their #1 and #2.

(for all the draftnicks) how does this sound? more specifically, what if we were guranteed to land gaines adams and j. blaylock?

how does adams grade against a player like merriman, and how does blaylock grade against faneca coming out of the draft?

of course when you trade you wanna feel like youre giving it to your trading partner with no vaseline, but the rooneys dont necessarily operate that way. if adams is a merriman type impact player AND if blaylock can hold his own and potentially have 5-7 pro bowl bids in the next 10 years, this is a trade that is fair to both sides, yet definitely benefits us and our needs for the long haul.

am i looking at fools gold? a move like this would have no negative impact on our cap. it would probably save us tons of $$$ for the long haul.

i know AZ wouldnt give up #6 for faneca and he is worth more than their 2nd alone...

thoughs? scenarios? what could we do with the #6 pick and 2 2nd rounders?

If this trade just could land the Steelers Gaines Adams then I would be all for it. But you also mentioned Blaylock. So yes I would be all for this trade. One thing though the Cards have the 5th overall pick. The Skins pick 6th.

MasterOfPuppets 03-30-2007 05:32 PM

Re: trade faneca and #15 pick...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 233365)
good points. i dont think faneca will hold out. thats what i did, was look at the value chart (arizona is at 5 and 37). this puts fanecas value right at 12-13th pick.

then i asked myself, would arizona pick him at 13 if he were thrown into the draft? yes.
where would faneca rank compared to other linemen in the draft? probably 3rd right behind levi brown and j. thomas. to me it seems fair value and fair trade. fanecas age and contract situation are negated by his experience and status. while you could be getting the next robert gallery if you select thomas or brown, you know exactly what youre getting if you trade for faneca.

but what would faneca's contract be like compared to a 1st rd rookie? by that i meen fanaca is going to be looking for a huge signing bonus (garuanteed money) since its probably his last contract.

Suitanim 03-30-2007 05:46 PM

Re: trade faneca and #15 pick...
 
No way...a #6 pick nowadays is staring at a 15 million signing bonus (Hell, maybe more) and that's for an unproven guy who could end up like Robert Gallery or Ryan Leaf. I'd rather pay Faneca big cash than some untested rook...

MasterOfPuppets 03-30-2007 05:55 PM

Re: trade faneca and #15 pick...
 
who is the highest paid guard right now?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum