Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Input please (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1601)

bengalsfan21 08-29-2005 05:07 PM

Input please

Tell me what you think, this is for my keeper league, I drafted my 14th and 15th round in hopes of great keepers.

11 RB Lewis, Jamal BAL
14 RB Green, Ahman GB
35 WR Porter, Jerry OAK
38 RB Martin, Curtis NYJ
59 QB Brady, Tom NE
62 WR Jones, Matt JAC
83 TE Miller, Heath PIT
86 WR Moss, Santana WAS
107 PK Graham, Shayne CIN
110 D Falcons, Atlanta ATL
131 PK Longwell, Ryan GB
134 QB Roethlisberger, Ben PIT
155 D Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TB
158 RB Parker, Willie PIT
179 RB Clarett, Maurice DEN

tootalltoscore 08-29-2005 06:13 PM

Re: Input please

Personally I dont think much of your selection of Curtis Martin at 32 years old, he is unlikely to keep up the good work of last year.
Matt Jones may be a reach - no pun - and Santana Moss, I thought he had retired ;-)

Having been negative about a couple of your players though, I have to thankyou for showing me your picks and giving me a better idea how i need to select my players in the draft next week. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'll post my selections and give you the chance to return the comments to me. I hope I keep my head..............lol

bengalsfan21 08-29-2005 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tootalltoscore
Personally I dont think much of your selection of Curtis Martin at 32 years old, he is unlikely to keep up the good work of last year.
Matt Jones may be a reach - no pun - and Santana Moss, I thought he had retired ;-)

Having been negative about a couple of your players though, I have to thankyou for showing me your picks and giving me a better idea how i need to select my players in the draft next week. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'll post my selections and give you the chance to return the comments to me. I hope I keep my head..............lol

Lol well the Martin pick was a keeper from last year and Santana Moss was the best WR available at the time, as for Matt Jones there was a few ppl wanting him so I got him as quick as I could, he should be a great keeper next year. :D

LambertIsGod58 08-30-2005 08:53 AM

I'd say you have a solid team. I would question the Martin pick as well, but I don't know who was still available at the time. I bet you are right that all the good backs were gone by the 4th round. I think you have a good team. The defense is questionable too. But depending on your league, it may not matter much. Lewis and Green should do the majority of your scoring. You're in good shape.

Steel - X 08-30-2005 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
Tell me what you think, this is for my keeper league, I drafted my 14th and 15th round in hopes of great keepers.

11 RB Lewis, Jamal BAL - Could keeper prospect but would have like someone a little younger at this spot
14 RB Green, Ahman GB - I have him in my dynasty league and am a little wiry about his offensive line this season.
35 WR Porter, Jerry OAK - with Moss in Oakland his catches will drop but I think his TD's will increase.
38 RB Martin, Curtis NYJ - Good value pick but I think I would have gone WR here.
59 QB Brady, Tom NE - Without a second starting WR this pick to me is not that good.
62 WR Jones, Matt JAC - Love this guy but to early IMO
83 TE Miller, Heath PIT - Could be the best TE in the game in a few years and NO thats not a homer pick. This guy has the goods to be one of the best, injury concerns tend to scare me though.
86 WR Moss, Santana WAS - This is a very good place value wise for Santana
107 PK Graham, Shayne CIN - Would have waited on this one
110 D Falcons, Atlanta ATL - Top 5 DT.
131 PK Longwell, Ryan GB - Don't need another kicker
134 QB Roethlisberger, Ben PIT - Fantasy wise this guy is not a huge talent especially with the lose of Burress his prime target.
155 D Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TB - Top 10
158 RB Parker, Willie PIT - Could be a huge sleeper if he steps up in the first couple of games.
179 RB Clarett, Maurice DEN- I am a huge buck eye fan and this pick was a waste in my opinion, he is a major head case and I don't see a future for him.

All in all a decent team I am not riding this one to the playoffs but a competitive team. Would try to upgrade at WR if possible.

bengalsfan21 08-30-2005 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel - X
All in all a decent team I am not riding this one to the playoffs but a competitive team. Would try to upgrade at WR if possible.

I am trying but none are available.....I hope Matt Jones keeps plaing like he has been in the pre season.

Steel - X 08-30-2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
I am trying but none are available.....I hope Matt Jones keeps plaing like he has been in the pre season.

With Reggie williams there and Jimmy I am not sure he will be a prime target unless Reggie falls off the planet.