Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Looks like our early bye might be for the best (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1607)

BlitzburghRockCity 08-30-2005 01:13 AM

Looks like our early bye might be for the best

We all hate the early bye's the guru's in the NFL scheduling dept. seem to always stick us with. But whenever we have an early bye, it seems to work out for us. We either have injury problems or need to regroup and make our run.

This year it looks like our dreaded early bye will help out w/ getting our players healthy.. *knock on wood*

LambertIsGod58 08-30-2005 09:56 AM

Re: Looks like our early bye might be for the best

I agree Blitz...It will definately help are injury situation. If are O-line can stay healthy, I think Parker will exceed our expectations.

clevestinks 08-30-2005 10:09 AM

Yeah this year it may help. My biggest concern isn`t an injury . Its Ben and his offense.

bigbensgirl7 08-30-2005 10:47 AM

I agree...I think the bye might just be coming at the perfect time. However, we do have to face new England before that...so I hope our offense figures something out before then!

LambertIsGod58 08-30-2005 11:41 AM

I don't think NE will be as dominant this year as last. They have lost some key defensive players anyway. On the offensive side, they are stronger than last year. They've improved their receiving corp. Watch for Brady to air it out more often.

bigbensgirl7 08-30-2005 11:43 AM

I dont' think they will be as good as last year, but they are still the team to beat and thew defending champs. I don't want to lose to them-I want some form of revenge! However, the only true revenge would be us taking the ring this year...but let's take it one step at a time!

Prosdo 08-30-2005 10:22 PM

Yeah the early bye seems to be at a perfect time this year. We have some guys who need to recover some more.

BlitzburghRockCity 08-30-2005 10:50 PM

NE has the heart of a champion though, so even though they dont have the personnel or coaches they had last year, they still have that desire, and that goes a long way.. it'll be a test for us Im sure.

Prosdo 08-30-2005 10:52 PM

Very true Blitz. NE has taken some big hits in personnel and I do think that will affect them. But you know they will be going all out to get to the Superbowl.

BlitzburghRockCity 08-30-2005 11:06 PM

Its our duty not to let them get to 4 !!!