Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bengals release Warrick (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1609)

LambertIsGod58 08-30-2005 10:43 AM

Bengals release Warrick

Bengals release Peter Warrick

By JOE KAY, AP Sports Writer
August 30, 2005
CINCINNATI (AP) -- Peter Warrick was released Tuesday by the Cincinnati Bengals, who have depth at receiver and had run out of patience with the former No. 1 draft pick.

The move came a day after the hobbled receiver asked to be released if the Bengals had written him out of their plans.

The fourth overall pick in the 2000 draft, Warrick arrived in Cincinnati looking to transfer his magic from national champion Florida State to the bumbling Bengals. They have yet to make the playoffs in his five seasons, and Warrick has had only one notable season.

ADVERTISEMENT

He caught 79 passes for 819 yards in 2003, carried 18 times for 157 yards, scored eight touchdowns and started looking like the shifty playmaker the Bengals thought they were drafting.

A small crack in a bone by the knee limited him to one start last season, four games and 11 catches, his most exasperating year in Cincinnati. He missed the minicamps and the start of training camp while the leg healed.

He played in only one preseason game, carrying once on a reverse -- he gained 2 yards before slipping -- and failing to catch a pass. Then he sat out practices last week because of a tender hamstring.

Warrick was entering the final year of his contract and would have made $2.28 million. He's now free to sign with any team.

The Bengals also waived third-year cornerback Terrell Roberts of Oregon State and guard Kyle Takavitz of Cincinnati.

LambertIsGod58 08-30-2005 10:45 AM

Re: Bengals release Warrick

I think Warrick would be worth picking up. It would give great motivation to Warrick to play against his former team as a part of one of their rivals.

RoethlisBURGHer 08-30-2005 10:51 AM

I don't think we need Warrick with his injury problems...we have enough injured players.

bengalsfan21 08-30-2005 11:21 AM

bout time we got rid of his ass

Livinginthe past 08-30-2005 12:11 PM

I think the Steelers need all the offensive players they can lay their hands on.
Its has been a disastrous few weeks for Pittsburgh - I would be fairly concerned about what we can expect Ben to achieve with next to no play makers to help him run the offence.

I like your D - but you are quickly heading towards a Miami situation where your D plays hard all game....but it still aint enough.

I am pretty sure that Pittsburgh are going to have a prety awful start to the the year - but hopefully with the return of some of your offensive playmakers...week 6/7 should signal a significant improvement - and a mid/late season charge towards the playoffs.

Cheers

NM

Prosdo 09-01-2005 07:11 AM

Peter Warrick signed a 1 year deal with the Seahawks. Just saw it on ESPN's website.