Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   CB Leon Hall visits Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16234)

tony hipchest 04-12-2007 01:40 PM

CB Leon Hall visits Steelers

http://nfl.com/draft/story/10121470

Quote:

Hall draft diary: Business travel

(After an All-American senior season at Michigan, cornerback Leon Hall is busy getting ready for the NFL draft. He shares his experiences in his NFL.com journal.)

(April 11, 2007) -- I've been busy on the road taking trips to visit the Bengals, the Lions and the Steelers.

It's been cool to visit the facilities, but the best part is meeting the pros that college guys try to emulate. I got to meet impact players such as Chad Johnson, Roy Williams and Hines Ward, and was able to size them up for Sundays next fall. I have my work cut out for me.

Leon Hall, right, has been trying to show NFL teams he will know what's coming.
The visits were all pretty much formatted the same. If you need additional medical review, they send you to their doctor. Then you take a tour of the facility, including the stadium, locker room and front offices.

I met with the head coach of each team and the defensive coordinator, and had lunch with the position coach. Then they would ask me to critique film from Michigan, and break down some of their own schemes.

It was cool to meet the head coaches, especially Marvin Lewis. He was very personable and down to earth. He definitely has a presence when he walks into a room, but at the same time is very approachable. I believe I would be a good fit for the Bengals, as well as the other teams, because I can play all of the coverages and can help support the run defense. Being coachable also helps when having to adapt to various techniques.

I haven't had much down time. When I do, I try to get my workouts done in the morning and hang out with my friends after that. I might stop by and see my coaches to see how spring ball is going. Some of my best friends, such as Brandent Englemon, are still on the squad, so it's a little weird not going through spring ball with them.

I've got upcoming visits with the Patriots, the Redskins and the Titans, and then everything will start to wind down. I'm looking forward to spending time with my family in Vista, Calif., and relaxing until draft day arrives.

tony hipchest 04-13-2007 12:49 PM

Re: CB Leon Hall visits Steelers

i think this makes it about 10-12 of the allowed 20 players to visit that have been reported

Quote:

Notes: The Steelers brought in more draft prospects yesterday, including Southern Cal receiver Steve Smith. They also had Wisconsin defensive back Roderick Rogers in for a visit. Another USC receiver, Dwayne Jarrett, is scheduled to meet with the Steelers on Friday. On Tuesday, the Steelers met with a pair of Michigan players, cornerback Leon Hall and defensive end/linebacker LaMarr Woodley, at their South Side facility.

The Duke 04-13-2007 09:24 PM

I don't think Hall is a bad CB, but is not like we need him, so I don't think we'll draft him. Or at least I'm hoping we don't

Big7BenHOF 04-14-2007 12:24 AM

If we draft a CB in the first round, I'm hoping it'll be Revis.

Anthony_Smith27 04-14-2007 03:58 AM

if we draft a corner in the first, i will be pissed off, and hope and pray for a complete bust, and hope for tomlin and colbert to be fired for being complete idiots...........

but it won't happen, tomlin is all on ike's nuts right now, and mcfadden is gonna be badass.........

steelersfanman92 04-14-2007 11:01 AM

I would like to see Revis drafted in the first round. Historically good OLBs have been found in later rounds, just look at Adalius Thomas.