Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Feedback & Support (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   So its goodbye to LITP........ (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16262)

Livinginthe past 04-13-2007 05:52 PM

So its goodbye to LITP........

.....the Mod and hello (again) to LITP the token Patriots member at SF :sofunny:

Mike has asked me to step down as Mod due to the recent contentious nature of the board - alot of which can be directly attibuted to me being a Patriots fan.

While im slightly disappointed with the timing (as it makes Suitanims pathetic rant seem like the catalyst for this change) I can't argue with the general reasoning behind the decision.

When I voluteered to be a mod it was with the genuine intention of offering to help out in a transitional period, i'd like to think that I have helped maintain the high quality of this MB, and Mike took me at my word.

As far as I am aware there weren't a great deal of Steeler fans who put there hand up for the position, if they did I doubt LITP the mod would ever have become a reality.

Its been mostly a pleasure to help out here and it has definitely given me a healthy respect for how much work goes on behind the scenes to maintain such a quality board.

Its time for another poster or two to take the reins - I genuinely wish them good luck, im sure they'll get a real buzz from helping the board out.

Props to all those who put their personal isues to one side to make SteelersFever run smoother.

Nigel

SteelCityMan786 04-13-2007 06:13 PM

Re: So its goodbye to LITP........

It was great to mod with you LITP.

SteelCzar76 04-13-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past (Post 237356)
.....the Mod and hello (again) to LITP the token Patriots member at SF :sofunny:

Mike has asked me to step down as Mod due to the recent contentious nature of the board - alot of which can be directly attibuted to me being a Patriots fan.

While im slightly disappointed with the timing (as it makes Suitanims pathetic rant seem like the catalyst for this change) I can't argue with the general reasoning behind the decision.

When I voluteered to be a mod it was with the genuine intention of offering to help out in a transitional period, i'd like to think that I have helped maintain the high quality of this MB, and Mike took me at my word.

As far as I am aware there weren't a great deal of Steeler fans who put there hand up for the position, if they did I doubt LITP the mod would ever have become a reality.

Its been mostly a pleasure to help out here and it has definitely given me a healthy respect for how much work goes on behind the scenes to maintain such a quality board.

Its time for another poster or two to take the reins - I genuinely wish them good luck, im sure they'll get a real buzz from helping the board out.

Props to all those who put their personal isues to one side to make SteelersFever run smoother.

Nigel

IMO i think it would have been a 'better look' (so to speak) for this to be presented as a resignation on your part.
What i mean is,.....it wouldn't appear as though you were ousted by 'emotional nonsense' but instead for the overall 'face value' of this as a STEELER site.

Not to say that you should have 'fallen on your sword' like Cato in a 'lame a## computer Geek' manner.:sofunny: But more so as an acknowledgement that the nature of your allegiance as a Patriots fan,....could not possibly allow you to remain in a supposed "position of power" here.

You made a good run of it Pats,......but in the end did you really think it could last ? (Especially considering your past (E) conflicts with some whom,...take this,...along with their 'Sci Fi allied front' ,....far to seriously) LMAO

Bottom line,.......buisness is just that. Now,......on to football !

PisnNapalm 04-13-2007 07:03 PM

I call BULLSHIT!

HometownGal 04-13-2007 07:14 PM

Nigel- we've had our disagreements at times on various issues and actions, but you always respected my opinions and treated me with the utmost respect - for that I thank you sincerely. It was a pleasure modding with you and I hope to see you around the board in the future. :cheers:

Folks - please don't turn this thread into a war zone. If you don't have anything positive to say here, go kick your dog or something. :wink02: (j/k)

tony hipchest 04-13-2007 07:17 PM

wow. talk about ironic. i had actually (kinda, sorta, in a small way) gone to bat for you twice in the past day or so. (no, hell is not freezing over)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 237045)
the board hasnt turned into a circus since litp became mod. this board has had typical board dynamics long before he became mod. in fact the "circus" has been trimmed down from 3 rings to 2 clowns and a juggling act. some people actually go to the circus for fun and entertainment. part of the fun is that someone may get hurt. (someone fall off the high wire, the lion bite off the lion tamers head, someone not catch their partner on the trapeeze etc.) typical suspense and drama that people pay to see.

there was plenty of typical drama and cyberbattles that went on before litp became mod. litp and myself can attest to this as well as anyone. does that mean i hate litp or posters such as hardwork, bengalbrian, or geez aka sniffsmyanus? of course not. i'll talk shit to them anytime.

this always gets blown way out of proportion. an argument is healthy every once in a while. and while this board is nowhere near jerry springer, theres a reason people would tune in to watch. i know most members of this board (like myself) are not the type to even tune in to jerry springer (except for our resident bunglefans), and this board is nowhere near that so lets not be paranoid and act like it is. a little drama never killed anyone though.

as far as a patfan as a mod, i think i can speak for everybody on this board when i say no steelerfan is a member of a steelers board to constantly hear a mod demean and bash the steelers or their fans convictions. i would expect a moderator to be a fan of the steelers or atleast show utmost respect to the the team and most loyal and knowledgable fanbase out there. i dont even care if a mod pretends. on a steelers site a mod should be a representative and an ambassador of the black and gold.

otherwise whats the point? i think litp is realizing this. :hunch:

Quote:

if litp didnt make an effort to change his ways, he most definitely woulda been canned as a mod after about a week.
:hunch:

now im off to kick my dog. :chuckle:

Livinginthe past 04-13-2007 07:21 PM

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

And Tony - you know what you an do with your 'bat' next time eh?..

Just kiddin' man :cheers:

Its all good. Lets talk football.

PisnNapalm 04-13-2007 07:21 PM

*kick* *kick* *kick* Damn dog...

/me mumbles incoherently to himself.

Big D 04-13-2007 07:33 PM

QUOTE=HometownGal;237377]Nigel- we've had our disagreements at times on various issues and actions, but you always respected my opinions and treated me with the utmost respect - for that I thank you sincerely. It was a pleasure modding with you and I hope to see you around the board in the future. :cheers:

Folks - please don't turn this thread into a war zone. If you don't have anything positive to say here, go kick your dog or something. :wink02: (j/k)[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-_eMPaHPo

tony hipchest 04-13-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past (Post 237381)
Thanks for the thoughts guys.

And Tony - you know what you an do with your 'bat' next time eh?..

Just kiddin' man :cheers:

Its all good. Lets talk football.

:hunch:.......... :scratchchin:........... :idea:!!!!!!! :bash:??????????????

:football: :tt02: