Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hines Ward (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1630)

Prosdo 09-01-2005 07:33 AM

Hines Ward

Okay, I know there are a lot of Hines Ward threads, but I was curious to everyone's opinion. I was talking to a friend yesterday and we were talking about the whole situation with Hines. So, here is the poll. Will Hines get his contract extension, will Hines not get his contract extension, or not sure yet. I'm just curious of what eveyone thinks because we are getting very close to the regular season.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-01-2005 08:36 AM

Re: Hines Ward

Hines will get his extension, it will get done, and he will be a Steeler till he retires!! Even if we have to slap the franchise tag on him next year till we get time to finish working out a deal. Although I still believe we'll get it done this year and any day now you'll see a KFFL update or ESPN breaking news that the STeelers and Hines have agreed in principal and he will sign it ASAP.

SteelR1 09-01-2005 09:10 AM

I sure hope he will get his extension, I really dont understand why this is still going on.

Da Boot 09-01-2005 09:18 AM

I still think he will get it, and the day after he gets it, he fires his agent. :boxing:

Prosdo 09-01-2005 10:13 AM

I think he will get it as well. I have to say though I don't understand why it is taking so long. It seemed once he got in camp that it should have been done and over with already. I am just hoping we see on KDKA another breaking news report stating that Hines Ward has agreed to a contract extension.

LambertIsGod58 09-01-2005 10:14 AM

I think he'll get the extension, but not sure about getting the money he wants.

Rush58 09-01-2005 10:55 AM

He has to. Have you seen our offense lately?

pitt 09-01-2005 11:09 AM

I keep hearing that they are close to a deal. Hines kept up his end and came back to play. Now the Steelers need to get it done on their end.

clevestinks 09-01-2005 02:04 PM

I am just afraid, that if he isnt signed before thee opener. That he will want to test free agency. Then he will be gone, cuz the Steelers wont get into a bidding war over him. The kind of money we offered though, we can get a pretty good deep threat next year.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-01-2005 04:31 PM

Can you see Franchise Tag !!! IF and thats a big IF, they can't sign him before the season, you can bet your last dollar they'll use the Franchise tag on him next year.