Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Will Maddox be starting again (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1633)

Avoid LLoyd1975 09-01-2005 01:58 PM

Will Maddox be starting again

Anyone think that there is a chance that Tommy the Gunslinger Maddox might eventually end up being the starter by seasons end.

RoethlisBURGHer 09-01-2005 02:05 PM

Re: Will Maddox be starting again

Only if Ben gets injured does Tommy start.

clevestinks 09-01-2005 02:05 PM

I hope not! Not because of Tommy. Just because if we need Tommy to start , that isn`t because we are playing well. We need Ben to step it up now. Ben is the future, Ben is now. I`m not saying it wont happen, I just hope it doin`t

RoethlisBURGHer 09-01-2005 02:08 PM

LOL,I sounded like Yoda!

SteelerSal 09-01-2005 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
LOL,I sounded like Yoda!

He who start first, not get hurt, start last, Danielson. :alcohol:

Koopa 09-01-2005 03:51 PM

NO! that would be stupid, it's just pre season, whos to say ben ain't going to get better during the season? you don't want to ruin a young talent by screwing with his head and sitting him done cause he has a bad game, you got to let him play through his mistakes so he can learn from them and get better. just like RoethlisBURGHer said "Only if Ben gets injured does Tommy start."

Blitzburgh55 09-01-2005 04:16 PM

no way only if ben gets hurt

BlitzburghRockCity 09-01-2005 04:28 PM

Agreed, the only way Tommy gets in there is if Ben gets injured.. Our future is built on Ben, he's the man.. That's not say that maybe cowher might not bench him if he's in a slump in the middle of the season to help get a spark..but a permanant starter for us again, I just dont see it happening.

Suitanim 09-01-2005 04:43 PM

Tommy could play, and start this year. If Ben struggles, it's ridiculous NOT to bring Maddox in off the bench to provide a spark. Personally, I questioned the decision not to start Tommy in the 2nd half of the AFCCG last year. If it's about winning with the team you have, you do whatever you can with what you have at the time and let the chips fall where they may...and this Steelers team is talented enough to go to and win the SB. I worry less about damaging Ben's ego then I do about missing opportunities when they present themselves.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-01-2005 09:53 PM

Hence the reason Tommy is our # 2 guy....the problem is, when Tommy came in to play in situations last year,like against the giants when he didnt do anything for us.

WE need a backup Qb who can come in and be productive. Tommy can do it, but he's gonna be rusty so we'll have to work thru that.