Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Who impressed you most??? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1638)

BB2W 09-01-2005 10:13 PM

Who impressed you most???

Which two players impressed you most, and were the bright spots of camp and pre-season?

TasmanianTroy271 09-01-2005 10:19 PM

Re: Who impressed you most???

I put Keisel and Kemoeatu. For a 6th round pick he's been a steal, and Keisel's almost challenging for a starting role. I knew Willie could cut and run beforehand...

Stlrs4Life 09-01-2005 10:20 PM

Washington, and Willie Parker were my votes. Washingtomm did drop that pass in the end zone. But overall, he looked good.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-01-2005 10:30 PM

You cant make us choose just 2 !!! :D

I gotta go w/ Parker, Washington and Chris K.. all made names for themselves.

Ike Taylor,Keisel and Rian Wallace all had solid if not exceptional camps and preseason too.

BB2W 09-01-2005 10:37 PM

I thought with one choice we would all pick Parker.... so the second choice will make it more interesting....

I went with Washington and Rian Wallace.... I know Willie looked great, but he was even better last year. Washington and Wallace were complete suprises for me. I didn't know if either would make the first cut. Washington looks like a good WR, with a lot of upside, and Rian Wallace looks like the next in a long line of great Steelers linebackers.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-01-2005 10:40 PM

Wallace is a contact guy, definately what we need in the LB core, he should fit in nicely !

Koopa 09-01-2005 11:04 PM

i went with willie and washington, i've liked willie since last year so that was just a bias pick and washington has really impressed me, i hope he doesn't get cut casue he could be something special.

ngreene15 09-01-2005 11:18 PM

I went with Willie Parker, he showed that he can be a reliable back at the end of last year against Buffalo. He had a good pre season and with Duce and Jerome banged up, he may have to play a bigger role at the start of this year.

Prosdo 09-01-2005 11:46 PM

I went with Willie Parker and Nate Washington. Willie Parker has been running very well and he looks to be progressing nicely. Nate Washington is one of our few tall guys. He isn't quite as tall as Fred Gibson, but he has had an impressive preseason in my opinion.

SteelZeal 09-01-2005 11:48 PM

Chris K gets the nod over Willie. Not that Willie hasn't been great. Rather, I had an inkling of what Willie could do, but a 6th-round pick coming in and blowing people up on a consistent basis is too much to ignore.