Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Nobody in the AFCN has looked "good" (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1649)

BlitzburghRockCity 09-03-2005 01:11 AM

Nobody in the AFCN has looked "good"

In the preseason that is.. all 4 teams have struggled to varying degrees, but none of them have really shown any type of continuity w/ the first time w/ any regularity during the games that dont count.

Sure there have been flashes and some good play by individuals..but overall, Im anxious to see this division unfold now that the came will count.

I still have no doubts that we'll win the AFCN this year, but man thank goodness the pre season is over..

and oh btw, the Colts went 0-5 in the preason too...

Prosdo 09-03-2005 08:25 AM

Re: Nobody in the AFCN has looked "good"

I agree Blitz. Nice to see preseason gone. I can't wait to see what our guys do during the regular season.

clevestinks 09-03-2005 08:30 AM

I see us 5-1 in the regular season against the AFCN teams. don`t know what team we lose to, but 5-1 is my prediction

Suitanim 09-03-2005 08:32 AM

I can't wait to see the implosion of the Ratbirds, the benching of Kyle Boller, and the defensive struggles that they will face this year...

Ambridge 09-06-2005 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
I can't wait to see the implosion of the Ratbirds, the benching of Kyle Boller, and the defensive struggles that they will face this year...

I'd love to see the Ravens fall on their faces.
If Boller can't get that offense moving and gets benched I think that could be the beginning of the end for Billick.

I think we split with Cincy and Baltimore.

Livinginthe past 09-06-2005 01:48 PM

If you take the time to talk to some of the good people of Indiana, some of them will tell you that they are pretty fed up with their teams lack-lustre efforts in the pre-season.

I am well aware of the fact that results count for very little - but how many times do you see anyone come through in a surprising fashion to claim a place on the 53 in the Colts camp? (a l? Mike Wright of Pats pre-season fame who beat out your ex-player Rodney Bailey)

I think someone complained about the attitude of some of the Burgh players on the side lines during defeat this pre-season - I kinda have to agree - most of these players should be fighting for their place.

Aggression, teamwork and application are what seperate us (pats + Steelers) from teams like the Colts who find it all too easy til they come up short in the post-season.

cheers

NM

BlitzburghRockCity 09-06-2005 04:48 PM

Quote:

Aggression, teamwork and application are what seperate us (pats + Steelers) from teams like the Colts who find it all too easy til they come up short in the post-season.
:iagree: Very well said !

SteelCityMan786 09-06-2005 06:12 PM

The Steelers And The Patriots have been the dominating powers in the AFC. That will change this year. The STEELERS WILL BE THE ONLY AFC dominating force.

YEAH 100 POSTS :tt:

bengalsfan21 09-06-2005 06:43 PM

Yea they all did look terrible, if all the teams play all year like in the preseason it will be a long season.......And the Colts went 0-5 bc they didn't play any starters I don't think, I could be mistaken though.

Livinginthe past 09-06-2005 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
Yea they all did look terrible, if all the teams play all year like in the preseason it will be a long season.......And the Colts went 0-5 bc they didn't play any starters I don't think, I could be mistaken though.

The starters did see some time - an according to reports I read Peyton spent a little more time on his ass than he is used to - apparently there is a few issues with his O-Line this year ( I would have to assume he was playing with his starting O-Line)

Im not sure if its fair to call it a template pre-season - but the Patriots tend to be pretty awful 1st game, improve most troublesome areas 2nd game, get it all together 3rd game, get blown in out in 4th game - this sems to have worked for us that last couple of years.

Im kind of wishing I had backed this theory with hard cash this year - shoulda had a few bucks on the Giants game 4!

Cheers

NM