Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Steelers Experience (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   a SPECIAL THANKS to #43 (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16523)

4xSBChamps 04-27-2007 08:37 PM

a SPECIAL THANKS to #43

..... although I left Pennsylvania a few days before the '07 Season Opener for Florida, and saw very few games last year, I have to give a SPECIAL THANKS to #43:
a few days ago, he visited a local (Pittsburgh ) hospital, and spent time with a few very sick little children, who can't stop talking about 'the football player' that took the time to visit them, and who's parents were very impressed with him as-well.

:nw: :cheers: :hug:

polamalufan43 04-27-2007 08:39 PM

Re: a SPECIAL THANKS to #43

That's very cool. He does that often I believe.
~Polamalufan43:tt02:

tony hipchest 04-27-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps (Post 241722)
..... although I left Pennsylvania a few days before the '07 Season Opener for Florida, and saw very few games last year, I have to give a SPECIAL THANKS to #43:
a few days ago, he visited a local (Pittsburgh ) hospital, and spent time with a few very sick little children, who can't stop talking about 'the football player' that took the time to visit them, and who's parents were very impressed with him as-well.

:nw: :cheers: :hug:

long time no see.

too bad we hear too little of the good things. its all contract hold outs and dog fighting rings. :cheers:

stillers4me 04-27-2007 08:48 PM

That's our Troy......he has a heart of gold! :thumbsup:

ChronoCross 04-27-2007 08:55 PM

I seen many steelers players come and go over in germany in 10 years I was there visiting Landstuhle hospital and the troops and more. Its always great when they do that.

4xSBChamps 04-27-2007 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 241728)
long time no see.

Since I don't get to see 'em Stillers very-often on TV, I feel I have nothing constructive to offer this Forum, but I peep when I can:
these Floridians are crazy about college football, and locals here (outside Tampa ) think Chuckie's smirk is special.....
:moon:

I'd repost the pictures here, but I won't w/o permission from my best-friends, who's little 4 year-old girl has leukemia, but, suffice-to-say, #43 made quite an impression on all he touched.

:thumbsup:

tony hipchest 04-27-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps (Post 241743)
Since I don't get to see 'em Stillers very-often on TV, I feel I have nothing constructive to offer this Forum, but I peep when I can:
these Floridians are crazy about college football, and locals here (outside Tampa ) think Chuckie's smirk is special.....
:moon:

I'd repost the pictures here, but I won't w/o permission from my best-friends, who's little 4 year-old girl has leukemia, but, suffice-to-say, #43 made quite an impression on all he touched.

:thumbsup:

hey bro, i remember when you joined, and you always brought something relevant to the board, just like this thread thanking polamalu. :cheers:

4xSBChamps 06-07-2007 02:12 PM

just a quick update.....

my best-friend's daughter is coming-home from the hosital, after spending several months there:
she's lost all of her hair (Troy..... can you spare a foot of hair? ), but I think she'll wear a #43 jersey when watching the games this season with her dad!

Football-related, these people think that Jeff Garcia is really gonna turn-around the Pewter-Pirates (that's what the local media call the Buccaneers..... ) this season.

steelersfanmx 06-07-2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillers4me (Post 241732)
That's our Troy......he has a heart of gold! :thumbsup:

WELL SAID!!!::thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786 06-07-2007 07:38 PM

That's Troy for ya. Classy guy.