Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Dolphins reaction to Ted Ginn pick. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16662)

Livinginthe past 05-05-2007 06:59 AM

Dolphins reaction to Ted Ginn pick.

Its the first time i've seen this, although i'd heard plenty about it.

Cameron outright admits that Miami has drafted a punt returner with the #9 pick in the draft and then prattles on about what a great family he has.

Most cringeworthy moment happens in the first few seconds when Cameron tells the booing crowd "the thumb should go in this direction" and shows the crowd a thumbs up.

Brady....Brady....Brady........

Hilarious.

[YOUTUBE]Mm2-PKY2wzw[/YOUTUBE]

Livinginthe past 05-05-2007 07:15 AM

Re: Dolphins reaction to Ted Ginn pick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCSteeler (Post 244816)
Time will tell , but sounds like a major screw up to me. Heck of a first draft for Cam, just go get an old family friend, no matter waht position he plays or how good he is or what you need. He comes from a good family, that's good , right?

Well when you're 'drafting the whole family' it had better be a good one right? :sofunny:

Mosca 05-05-2007 08:27 AM

I guess they're all going to suit up.... "THROW IT TO GRANMA, SHE'S OPEN!!!!!!"

Tom

PisnNapalm 05-05-2007 08:40 AM

That's just sad. Miami screwed themselves royally.

silver & black 05-05-2007 08:48 AM

I think this was a major mistake by the Dolphins. Ginn may end up being a great player, but why would you pass on Quinn when QB is your greatest need? Maybe not right this minute, but C-Pep's health issues are too great NOT to take Quinn, in my opinion.

Ginn will be a good special teams guy, but thats it. Not really what the Phins should have done.

Mosca 05-05-2007 08:48 AM

You know what, though? I like Ginn as a football player, and before I knew more about him even thought he'd make a good #1 for us. He's a great addition to the team, but a waste of a #1 pick. It's not his fault, obviously.

the kid's a gamer, now it's up to him to live up to the contract he's going to get.

silver & black 05-05-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosca (Post 244829)
You know what, though? I like Ginn as a football player, and before I knew more about him even thought he'd make a good #1 for us. He's a great addition to the team, but a waste of a #1 pick. It's not his fault, obviously.

the kid's a gamer, now it's up to him to live up to the contract he's going to get.

I'm a big Buckeye fan. I've wtched Ginn a lot. He needs a lot more work than most people realize if he is going to be a good NFL WR. He will do good things on special teams but, there are better WR's out there than Ginn. I'm not saying he can't be a good WR, but he isn't a plug in in the NFL at this point.

Crushzilla 05-05-2007 09:05 AM

It makes perfect sense to replace Wes Welker before Dan Marino...

Edman 05-05-2007 11:10 AM

I'm not a Dolphins fan, obviously, but that was pretty embarrassing to watch.

Way to go, Dolphins. You're stuck with an overrated injury-prone QB and you skip on a potential franchise QB. Ted Ginn is a nice pick, but you need someone to throw it to him! Duh!

RoethlisBURGHer 05-05-2007 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushzilla (Post 244836)
It makes perfect sense to replace Wes Welker before Dan Marino...

Marino has been gone for a long time,there ain't no replacing him.

Miami will have a problem finding a QB for a very long time.Most guys DON'T want to play there because they know they will always be compared to Marino.