Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Roger Clemens is a pirate... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16688)

tony hipchest 05-06-2007 07:07 PM

Roger Clemens is a pirate...

...and the Yankees are his booty once again.

baseball sucks.

oh well, unless the pirates meet the yankees in the world series, i guess we dont have to face him ever again (unless hes an asstro next year AGAIN) :dang:

hopefully the yankees still flop and miss the post season.

NV STEELERS 723 05-06-2007 07:26 PM

Re: Roger Clemens is a pirate...

When I first heard of this news, the first thing I thought was WHY can't Roger pick a team like the PIRATES and help them make the NLCS????

It's disappointing the %&@%^ Yanks have 28 extra Million to spend ....

It just gets more and more disapointing every year w/ MLB.....

One of these years the PIRATES will win the World Series with a Baseball Team.......not a bunch of over paid Madonna's .....

GO PIRATES in 2007 !!!!!!! - you can do it - !

Borski 05-06-2007 08:21 PM

I can't wait till the Yank's colapse one year with a 400 million budget and only win 62 games...

NV STEELERS 723 05-06-2007 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borski (Post 245211)
I can't wait till the Yank's colapse one year with a 400 million budget and only win 62 games...

And don't forget they will get charged a luxury tax.:sofunny: :sofunny:

SteelCityMan786 05-06-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 245195)
...and the Yankees are his booty once again.

baseball sucks.

oh well, unless the pirates meet the yankees in the world series, i guess we dont have to face him ever again (unless hes an asstro next year AGAIN) :dang:

hopefully the yankees still flop and miss the post season.

Hey, we could match up with him this year in New York.

83-Steelers-43 05-07-2007 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 245195)
baseball sucks.

I love watching these large market teams go out and spend money on high priced players year after year. Very level playing field.

Until MLB follows the path of the NHL or NFL it will continue to "suck". Unfortunately, with owners such as Steinbrenner I don't see it changing anytime in the near future.

Jeremy 05-07-2007 09:07 AM

The Milwaukee Brewers have the best record in baseball, and they're not what you would call a big market team.

Even out here, the Diamondbacks dumped a lot of salary in the last couple of seasons. Their only big expense was bringing Randy Johnson back from New York.

83-Steelers-43 05-07-2007 09:33 AM

Never stated a small market team can't make the playoffs or even win a World Series. The trick is being able to stay on top after you succeed. Much like the Yankees, Chicago and Red Sox do year after year after year after year.

Anyways, here's your 'taste' Milwaukee, enjoy it while you can and here's to hoping MLB makes some changes so every city can enjoy baseball once again.

tony hipchest 05-07-2007 11:02 AM

Quote:

c. The Devil Rays' payroll for six months for 24 major-league players: $24,124,200.

d. The Yankees' payment and luxury-tax fee to employ Roger Clemens for four months: $25,900,000.
i really dont care if a low payroll team can lead the league in wins or prove they can make it to the world series. im sick of seing clemens retire and unretire. the hired gun aspect is almost as sickenning as a major sport being turned into a real life "fantasy football league" for a select few owners.

if i was in a fantasy football league where the top 6 teams from last year drafted in the 1st 8 rounds and the bottom 6 teams drafted in the final 8 rounds, im sure i could put together a team that would have a chance, but the odds would be stacked against me. and it would suck.

personally, i think the best thing baseball has going for it right now is the yankees werent able to wrangle barry bonds away from the giants to put on an over the top, in your face, dog and pony show.

i still enjoy baseball for an individual game, and for what it used to be, but as far as following it and actually caring who wins, i couldnt give a rats ass about any standings, records or players unless they are the pirates, or beating the yankees.

Buzz05 05-07-2007 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 245316)
i really dont care if a low payroll team can lead the league in wins or prove they can make it to the world series. im sick of seing clemens retire and unretire. the hired gun aspect is almost as sickenning as a major sport being turned into a real life "fantasy football league" for a select few owners.

if i was in a fantasy football league where the top 6 teams from last year drafted in the 1st 8 rounds and the bottom 6 teams drafted in the final 8 rounds, im sure i could put together a team that would have a chance, but the odds would be stacked against me. and it would suck.

personally, i think the best thing baseball has going for it right now is the yankees werent able to wrangle barry bonds away from the giants to put on an over the top, in your face, dog and pony show.

i still enjoy baseball for an individual game, and for what it used to be, but as far as following it and actually caring who wins, i couldnt give a rats ass about any standings, records or players unless they are the pirates, or beating the yankees.

I agree with Tony, the whole hired gun persona of Clemens nowadays is a joke. What happened to when you retire you actually stop playing. Even though I am a Red Sox fan along with rooting for the Bucs, I hate how the Sox are always spending a butt load of money and trying to put together a fantasy team. Its more gratifying to look at the scores and see the Pirates with rather then the Sox because the Sox are expected win with them throwing around money like they were playing Monopoly. Nobody expects the Pirates to do anything.