Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   big ben confirms...... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1678)

Koopa 09-05-2005 01:39 AM

big ben confirms......

what i've been saying for over a week or so. now this puts me at ease cause big ben knows the deal and will get things going when it matters the most, the second half. so HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO :tt:

Quote:

Ben Roethlisberger is not concerned the first-team offense produced just three points in the preseason. Or that he looked little like the 2004 NFL rookie of the year in four preseason games, completing less than half his passes (16 of 36) for 145 yards and no touchdowns.

Roethlisberger said he is a notorious slow starter who gets better as the game goes along. And he played just slightly more than the equivalent of one game in the preseason.

He said he is looking forward to the season opener Sunday against the Tennessee Titans at Heinz Field because he will play the entire game, injury notwithstanding, and be able to develop a rhythm.

"Sometimes it's hard because I'm not always the fastest of starters to a game," Roetholisberger said. "I need to learn to be better at that -- starting a game fast. You're coming out, you're playing a half, it's hard to get into a rhythm. We're done with that now. Now, hopefully, I'll be in the whole game the rest of the way."
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05248/565864.stm

BlitzburghRockCity 09-05-2005 02:13 AM

Re: big ben confirms......

He can be a slow starter in preseason all he wants as long as when it comes to the Regular season he kicks it into high gear!

Koopa 09-05-2005 02:22 AM

i'm very confiedent he will kick it into high gear. he's going to have a good season, maybe not undefeated as a starter again but he's going to have a good season.

Prosdo 09-05-2005 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
He can be a slow starter in preseason all he wants as long as when it comes to the Regular season he kicks it into high gear!

I second that and I really think he will during the opener.

clevestinks 09-05-2005 08:51 AM

Well atleast Ben knows that he stunk it up this preseason. Now lets get it together.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-05-2005 09:50 AM

Acceptance is the first step in recovery !! Im anxious to see us get some confidence and go in and kick some titan ass!

Stlrs4Life 09-05-2005 09:59 AM

Well, we shall see.

SteelCityMan786 09-05-2005 10:34 AM

Big Ben Will take it up A HUGE notch this season. Super Bowl XL bound with the rest of his fellow Steelers.

bigbensgirl7 09-05-2005 10:44 AM

I think Ben will be fine...He hasn't had the opportunity to play a second half in the preseason, and always played much stronger in the 2nd half. I'm not at all worried about him, I know he will step it up when it means the most. I will agree, he probably won't go undefeated this seaosn as a starter...but as long as we are in the playoffs...I don't care!

SteelR1 09-05-2005 11:53 AM

Ben will be just fine.... I like his confidence, and someday I hope he can come into the games slinging a cannon!!!!!

The nerves will be on edge as everybody sits down to watch the Titan's game... RB changes, such a slow start in the preseason. I know I'm growing impatient to see Sunday's game....