Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Eagles Cut Hugh Douglas (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1680)

SteelCityMan786 09-05-2005 09:30 AM

Eagles Cut Hugh Douglas

The Associated Press reports that Eagles have cut Defensive End Hugh Douglas. If he's a free-agent, is he worth going after???

TasmanianTroy271 09-05-2005 09:50 AM

Re: Eagles Cut Hugh Douglas

I think we're pretty deep at DL, We've got Casey, Aaron and Kimo to start, and even though Kimo's old, he says he wasnt to play for 4+ more years. For backups we've got Hoke, who stepped up last year, Kiesel, who stepped up this year, and Kirschke, whose got experience. Then we've always got Shawn Nua to learn the ropes, and hopefully we'll get Eric Taylor on practice squad, who can plau both DT and DE. I have a feeling someone with less depth'll pick him up.

SteelerSal 09-05-2005 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786
The Associated Press reports that Eagles have cut Defensive End Hugh Douglas. If he's a free-agent, is he worth going after???

Heck no!! He was cut last season by the Jaguars, before Philly picked him back up, his best days are way behind him.

Stlrs4Life 09-05-2005 11:12 AM

I agree, he is up there, plus he would probably command too much $$$.

SteelCityMan786 09-05-2005 11:37 AM

In my personal opinion you don't pick up Hugh. The man is way too old. His best days are in the past now. I don't think we should go after him.

clevestinks 09-05-2005 12:00 PM

This should be moved to the NFL section, and not Steelers.
But I would rather see, a wr. more than I would Hugh

BlitzburghRockCity 09-05-2005 03:02 PM

Nah, we're set at DL, so the Steelers going after Hugh isnt gonna happen in all likelihood.. they seem content w/ the starters and backups we have.

SteelCityMan786 09-05-2005 04:55 PM

Yeah don't want to waste our money on someone that will be sitting on the sideline

BlitzburghRockCity 09-05-2005 09:52 PM

He was soo good when he was drafted by the jets ( i think it was) , then he was good w/ the beagles..sucked ass w/ the jags, and now he's cut again.. he's not worth the effort.

Koopa 09-05-2005 10:28 PM

i think he might be worth the trouble for a team that could use him, cause wasn't him that when the eagles put him in the starting lineup the d started playing badass or am i thinking of another player that the eagles put in?