Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Jets gonna knock you out! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16819)

tony hipchest 05-15-2007 12:27 PM

Jets gonna knock you out!

"momma said knock you out"!

eric mangini, a huge boxing fan, is bringing in legendary trainer teddi atlas to work with the players for 8 weeks. while he has used boxers and even atlas before for motivational speeches, he believes alot of the fight skills learned in the 2 months can be translated to the football field (plus its excellent for conditioning and stamina).

i guess he plans on punching the patriots and their newfound finesse game in the mouth. or was bringing in all those frail, speedy wr's just a "smokescreen"? :chuckle:

polamalufan43 05-15-2007 12:29 PM

Re: Jets gonna knock you out!

LOL

But in all seriousness it's not a bad idea when you think about it...

~PF43:tt02:

tony hipchest 05-15-2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polamalufan43 (Post 247838)
LOL

But in all seriousness it's not a bad idea when you think about it...

~PF43:tt02:

the steelers tried a few unorthadox training rotations a few years ago. i think one was martial arts or boxing, and another yoga. in all they had like 5 stages they would rotate through. the players really liked it and they responded well to it.

lamberts-lost-tooth 05-15-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 247837)
"momma said knock you out"!

eric mangini, a huge boxing fan, is bringing in legendary trainer teddi atlas to work with the players for 8 weeks. while he has used boxers and even atlas before for motivational speeches, he believes alot of the fight skills learned in the 2 months can be translated to the football field (plus its excellent for conditioning and stamina).

i guess he plans on punching the patriots and their newfound finesse game in the mouth. or was bringing in all those frail, speedy wr's just a "smokescreen"? :chuckle:

I would have been more impressed if they would have sent the team through Ken Shamrocks lions den!!!:flex:

Livinginthe past 05-15-2007 12:41 PM

I'd expect Mangini to have a few good ideas...he learnt from the best.

tony hipchest 05-15-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past (Post 247846)
I'd expect Mangini to have a few good ideas...he learnt from the best.

ahhhh. so what youre really saying is that it is all just a smokescreen and theyre not really gonna use boxing techniques in training? it all makes sense. hes way too smart to put his team at a disadvantage by releasing this information.

with all this media subterfuge, smokescreens, and acquiring players to sell the ruse, the steelers, jets, and patriots have to be the sb favorites for sure.

Livinginthe past 05-15-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 247847)
ahhhh. so what youre really saying is that it is all just a smokescreen and theyre not really gonna use boxing techniques in training? it all makes sense. hes way too smart to put his team at a disadvantage by releasing this information.

with all this media subterfuge, smokescreens, and acquiring players to sell the ruse, the steelers, jets, and patriots have to be the sb favorites for sure.

Bill Belichick is the best.

lamberts-lost-tooth 05-15-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past (Post 247849)
Bill Belichick is the best.

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Preacher 05-15-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 247851)
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Hey...

LLT...

Tell me how you really feal!!

fansince'76 05-15-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 247851)

To be fair, I hear he gives the best interviews to the press. :chuckle: