Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   As promised........to be shot at ;-) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1689)

tootalltoscore 09-06-2005 11:57 AM

As promised........to be shot at ;-)

Well just had a very enjoyable hour, in the live draft (my first), and here are the English nominations, not very happy with my QB selection as I hurried it:

8. Deuce McCallister
13. Tiki Barber
28. Antonio Gates
33. Reggie Wayne
48. Aaron Brooks
53. Nate Burleson
68. Asley Lelie
73. Larry Fitzgerald
88. Brian Westbrook
93. Indy DEF
108. K - Mike Nugent
113. Chicago DEF
128. JJ Arrington
133. Chris Cooley
148. Joey Harrington

Overall with the exception of my 48 pick (I would have preferred Brett Favre), I am happy, still we see what happens when I attempt to team them up. :bouncy:

Da Boot 09-06-2005 01:07 PM

Re: As promised........to be shot at ;-)

Not bad at all, you are pretty deep at WR and RB. I gotta admit though I wouldnt have taken Mcallister with the 8th pick, but thats just me. I hope Brooks does well for you, I've had him a couple times in the last few years and his inconsistent play will drive you up a wall. :rolleyes:

SteelR1 09-06-2005 03:14 PM

Looks pretty good, I have the same receivers you have.. I do agree Aaron Brooks is probaly going to make you crazy... Indy's Def might be questionable depending on how your league is scored..

BlitzburghRockCity 09-06-2005 04:47 PM

All Saints players have dropped in value since katrina has hit, so be careful about putting too much stock in their numbers until you see how they do this year.

Your definately set w/ starting RB's too. Nice job!

Suitanim 09-06-2005 05:23 PM

Picking a QB in the 5th is solid...Gates is as productive as a lot of WR's. Wayne is questionable, but your next 3 WR picks are all poised for breakout seasons. Westbrook is a great RB pick if he's healthy and your league rewards receptions. Nugent will be a stud.

Deuce and Brooks will be fine. The GM of the Saints has stated that he feels they have a civic duty to stay in LA for their games this year, so I suspect they will play in LSU Tiger stadium. The Saints will have more people pulling for them this year then ever.

Steel - X 09-07-2005 12:44 PM

I agree with Suitanim the Saints will be playing for themselves and there families this year I think some will be suprised by the numbers they put up especially with that week defense of there's they are going to have to air it out all day long. Very nice team stealing Westbrook at 88 was golden if your backs get awarded recieveing/catch yards. Very good team I would be happy.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-07-2005 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
Picking a QB in the 5th is solid...Gates is as productive as a lot of WR's. Wayne is questionable, but your next 3 WR picks are all poised for breakout seasons. Westbrook is a great RB pick if he's healthy and your league rewards receptions. Nugent will be a stud.

Deuce and Brooks will be fine. The GM of the Saints has stated that he feels they have a civic duty to stay in LA for their games this year, so I suspect they will play in LSU Tiger stadium. The Saints will have more people pulling for them this year then ever.

Problem is, LSU isnt equipped to have 7 or 8 NFL homegames there and to deal w/ all the traffic and various concerns that go along w/ an NFL game as well as playing their own games, so we'll see how that pans out . LSU always has a great turn out for their games, but an NFL game presents alot more issues in terms of policies and procedures the NFL mandates to be at each game.

I still wouldnt put all my birds in 1 basket so to speak and bank on any saints players. yes they'll be playing inspired as never before, but as the season wears on, they may be begin to wear down too from all the travel and heavy hearts, and stress.

Steel - X 09-08-2005 07:55 AM

The travel might hurt in the long run but can you pass up Mcallister at 8? I can not ever.