Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mays Out, Morgan In...... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1693)

Da Boot 09-06-2005 02:53 PM

Mays Out, Morgan In......

PITTSBURGH ? The Steelers added a new player to their receiving corps today when they signed free agent veteran Quincy Morgan to a one-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not released.

To make room for Morgan on their roster, Pittsburgh released four-year veteran receiver Lee Mays.

Morgan (6-1, 215), a five-year veteran from Kansas State, was originally selected in the second round (33rd overall) of the 2001 NFL Draft by the Cleveland Browns. He played with the Browns for more than three seasons before being traded to the Dallas Cowboys on Oct. 19, 2004, in exchange for wide receiver Antonio Bryant.

In four seasons, Morgan has caught 155 passes for 2,316 yards (14.9 avg.) and 15 touchdowns. He has also returned 11 kickoffs for 267 yards (24.3 avg.). Morgan enjoyed his finest season in 2002 when he set career highs with 56 receptions, 964 receiving yards (17.2 avg.) and seven touchdowns.

Mays, who was originally selected by the Steelers in the sixth round (202nd overall) of the 2002 NFL Draft, had caught 11 passes for 154 yards (14.0 avg.) and returned 36 kickoffs for 750 yards (20.8 avg.) in his three seasons with the team. He missed part of the 2005 preseason with an injured hamstring.
(www.steelers.com)

Koopa 09-06-2005 02:55 PM

Re: Mays Out, Morgan In......

hell yeah, i guess they read when i said we should take a look at him. he's going to be a good pick up imo, i saw him a few times with the cowboys but he had vinny throwing to him so of course he didn't look great but when he was on the field i liked what i saw from him

SteelR1 09-06-2005 03:08 PM

WOW, this should make things a little more interesting... Big Ben is getting a big selection to throw to, Let's see what he does with it !?!

TasmanianTroy271 09-06-2005 03:08 PM

Lets hope he's better than Mays, what number reciever has he been on his teams?

This shows that the Steelers didnt just like Lee Mays, because we were willing to cut him for someone else. Shows that Gibson must have had something wrong with him, because we decided to keep Mays over him.

Koopa 09-06-2005 03:11 PM

well i think he was the number two wr in clevelend and for awhile he was the number 3 for the cowboys

Koopa 09-06-2005 03:12 PM

here's his career stats:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235232

clevestinks 09-06-2005 03:22 PM

Isnt he a pain in the butt??? I think that was the problem in Cleve. Oh well. he is a good size wideout. And he always played well against us. The receiveing corp. did improve today.

Steel - X 09-06-2005 03:26 PM

Anyone is better than Lee Mays thats for sure. Since I live in Clownstown I get to watch most of there games. This guy could be really good as long as he can hang on to the football. Good move by us hopefull he keeps his head into the game.

BB2W 09-06-2005 03:36 PM

I like the move.... Morgan is definitly worth a look, and I support anything that results in Lee Mays getting cut. :smile:

clevestinks 09-06-2005 03:40 PM

I agree with both of you. He has to be an improvement over Mays, there is know way that he cant be.

Ward , ARE, Wilson, Washington, Morgan starting to look good.