Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Townsend (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16958)

TackleMeBen 05-23-2007 11:37 AM

Townsend

I dont know if this is the place to post this, but I thought I would you guys know that he is suppost to be on NFL Total Access tonight on the NFL channel. He is suppost to be in studio. I thought I would pass it along.

blitzburgh pavs 05-23-2007 03:28 PM

Re: Townsend

Townsend sucks, I was really hoping we would have got a cb this year in the draft because he always gets burned. In my mind he is the main reason teams like cincy and baltimore put up so many points on us last year. Maybe Tomlin can help him out since he was a db coach.

drew102e 05-23-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitzburgh pavs (Post 250102)
Townsend sucks, I was really hoping we would have got a cb this year in the draft because he always gets burned. In my mind he is the main reason teams like cincy and baltimore put up so many points on us last year. Maybe Tomlin can help him out since he was a db coach.

IMO he will be a great nickel corner this season,

time for ike to earn his $$ and SHUT IT DOWN

The Duke 05-23-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drew102e (Post 250112)
IMO he will be a great nickel corner this season,

time for ike to earn his $$ and SHUT IT DOWN

Agree, he'll do good at nickel for now, he's good at blitzes too.

tony hipchest 05-23-2007 07:15 PM

great spot with townsend and rod woodson. some interresting topics covered:

-should #26 be retired?

-townsends 16 career interceptions vs. woodsons 71

-on tomlin: "sometimes change is good"

-differences between tomlin and cowher: tomlin constantly has to tell the players what he wants and expects (this is a good thing) whereas with cowher, everybody already knew what was expected (what about those rookies and youngsters coach?)

- too much time was spent on looking at pictures of the new mascot and how much it looks like cowher. you begin to wonder if they brought in the mascot to replace the coach. they wouldnt want to give the impression that cowher was just a mascot do they? :jawdrop: i bet cowher hates the new mascot and wouldve never approved it :chuckle:

25MVPKing 05-23-2007 07:29 PM

tony hipchest,
Thanks for the summary.

I'm glad Tomlin always spells out what he expects... players aren't mind readers and it's easier for everyone to hear it twice, than it is to never hear an expectation.

As for #26, no I don't think it should be retired.

Stlrs4Life 05-23-2007 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 25MVPKing (Post 250188)
tony hipchest

As for #26, no I don't think it should be retired.

Either do I especialy before #58!:tt02:

coachspeak33 05-25-2007 09:35 AM

I am pissd that I missed it....Man, Time Warner Cable blows. When are they gonna get off their ass and get the NFL network....at least make it a pay channel.

I like Deshea....he plays the run as well as any CB in the league....One of the few guys out there with over 15 ints and sacks each....His days as a starting CB are over....but you gotta think 85% of the teams in this league would kill for him to be their #3 CB

polamalufan43 05-25-2007 05:06 PM

Personally, I think highly of both Townsend and Taylor, they both have talent and should do well this season.

~PF43:tt02:

OneForTheToe 05-25-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polamalufan43 (Post 250838)
Personally, I think highly of both Townsend and Taylor, they both have talent and should do well this season.

~PF43:tt02:

I like Townsend as well. Not the most talented guy, but he plays hard and does make plays. I think maybe that is why Cowher was more peeved at Ike for bad play last year. Even though both got burned, Cowher knew Townsend was for the most part playing up to his potential. Ike on the other hand was underachieving, since he has such and upside talent wise.

Townsend has never been, nor ever will be a shut down guy, just a solid player (yes, he very good against the run). Of course, all of our db's will look better if we can get a pass rush this year.