Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Gamer Chat (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The Return of SEGA Football 2K series!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16989)

Hammer67 05-24-2007 06:48 PM

The Return of SEGA Football 2K series!!

Well, it's called Pro Football. Because of the absolutely insane idea to award EA the only NFL license for gaming. Madden has become sub par...a yearly roster update for $50.

The 360 games, so far have been disappointments. I hope the new Sega game is moddable to get the actual teams and rosters. I still play NFL 2k5 for the Xbox over Madden 07 for the 360 because it plays so much better.

Here's hoping!!!:jammin:

pittsburghp8baller 05-25-2007 07:18 PM

Re: The Return of SEGA Football 2K series!!

well the game wont have any of the rosters. ea sports still holds the rights to it so legally SEGA cant. instead they will have all-time/hall-of-famer teams. with only retired players making up the rosters. i dont know how exactly that will work or if even the guy that told me is right about it. but anyways if this game is a hit; then ea sports should watch out their contract with the nfl is up after this year.

boLT fan 05-25-2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller (Post 250856)
well the game wont have any of the rosters. ea sports still holds the rights to it so legally SEGA cant. instead they will have all-time/hall-of-famer teams. with only retired players making up the rosters. i dont know how exactly that will work or if even the guy that told me is right about it. but anyways if this game is a hit; then ea sports should watch out their contract with the nfl is up after this year.

Is the contract really up after this year? YAYYAYAYAYYAYAYA

C'mon, NFL, do the right thing and don't renew it.

pittsburghp8baller 05-25-2007 07:36 PM

im pretty sure thats what ive heard

meanjoecoop 05-25-2007 09:43 PM

It was a 5 year contract starting with Madden 05, so Madden 09 should be the last under this contract. I agree with you about 2K5. I picked up a used copy at GameStop for $1. I havent played Madden since! (plus I still like having "the Bus" on the roster) I have high hopes for this new 2K game.

Hammer67 05-26-2007 11:30 PM

I download updated rosters and play.

I am sure Sega will make their rosters very moddable and allow for player names to be changed. Some nerd online will do the entire roster. I heard they are keeping the NFL teams and cities.

lilyoder6 05-27-2007 09:42 PM

i think madden is good enough.. i like evrything about madden.. i am kinda of upset how they changed the controls on the next gen systems but ohter than that i love it. but i guess that's my opion..

pittsburghp8baller 05-27-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyoder6 (Post 251288)
i think madden is good enough.. i like evrything about madden.. i am kinda of upset how they changed the controls on the next gen systems but ohter than that i love it. but i guess that's my opion..

yea ive always liked madden and as long as their is a madden i will continue to play madden

vader29 05-28-2007 08:11 PM

I wish they would get rid of the radio announcer in Madden and go back with the tv announcers, the presentation is just terrible. Hopefully Sega will do well and put pressure on the Madden team to work harder on next years version.

Hammer67 05-30-2007 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vader29 (Post 251539)
I wish they would get rid of the radio announcer in Madden and go back with the tv announcers, the presentation is just terrible. Hopefully Sega will do well and put pressure on the Madden team to work harder on next years version.

I agree...although John Madden hasn't recorded new audio material since the 90's games! :toofunny: