Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Well Wishes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   10 Days of Prayer (maybe fasting too!) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17011)

stlrtruck 05-25-2007 09:31 PM

10 Days of Prayer (maybe fasting too!)

Ok so tomorrow morning I'm taking my wife and 16 year old daughter to the airport for them to spend 10 days in Italy. Yes, please pray for their safe passage and some mother/daughter time while they are there with the tour group.

However, the real purpose of this thread is that I will be at home with my 2 year old daughter. That means for 10 days I've got to feed her breakfast and at least dinner (because she will be at the sitter's during the week for lunch). But it makes me the GO-TO GUY for those 10 days.

So pray for my 2 year old daughter that her father is graced with the wisdom and knowledge of God that she survives (LOL), these 10 days without her mother!!

Of course, this also gives me 10 days to prepare her precious little mind with the solid foundation of 2 things - 1. God is the almighty and 2. Jesus Christ sits on his right hand side but Art Rooney sits on his left!!! :tt02:

SteelCityMan786 05-25-2007 09:50 PM

Re: 10 Days of Prayer (maybe fasting too!)

Hope things go well. Tell them to be safe in their travel!

HometownGal 05-29-2007 07:03 AM

You will be just fine stlrtruck - you're a great Daddy from what I can see! :thumbsup: I will pray for your wife and daughter's safety (and I also hope they have a wonderful time in Italy), as well as for God to guide you in caring for your little one while Mom is away. This will be special time between Daddy and his little girl! :cheers:

stlrtruck 05-29-2007 07:39 AM

Ok so my daughter and I survived the first weekend and I've got meals planned out for the next 4 days. So we're good until Friday night!!!!!

Woo Hoo - but man you never know how much a 2 year old can drain you of energy!!

floodcitygirl 05-29-2007 10:04 AM

Glad to know you're enjoying yourself Stlrtruck...and enjoying your bonding time. lol!

Elvis 06-04-2007 11:15 AM

Sounds like you are enjoying all that is happening with you and your daughter. I just hope that God will touch your family as they travel and they have safe trip..
Through God Anything is possible brother!!!

stlrtruck 06-04-2007 11:42 AM

Thanks everyone for your prayers. My wife is en route to NY as I type. She'll arrive there at 3:30pm this afternoon and then after a delay, she should be in Tampa by 9:45pm tonight.

The Lord has definitely blessed me with insight over the last 10 days. Things I should do differently in my relationship with my wife, things I need to do to strengthen my relationship with him, and how I can be a better father.

It will be nice to have my lovely wife back home tonight. What's funny is the the first night she was gone and last night were the two nights I had the most trouble trying to sleep.

I thank the Lord for the traveling mercies he gave my wife and daughter (the older one), and I praise him for the wonderful time I had watching my youngest daughter grow with leaps and bounds.

Stainless Steel 06-04-2007 02:31 PM

I haven't been on the board lately. I am praying for you and your family. I am glad you got some new insight. Praise God!

Elvis 06-05-2007 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlrtruck (Post 253424)
Thanks everyone for your prayers. My wife is en route to NY as I type. She'll arrive there at 3:30pm this afternoon and then after a delay, she should be in Tampa by 9:45pm tonight.

The Lord has definitely blessed me with insight over the last 10 days. Things I should do differently in my relationship with my wife, things I need to do to strengthen my relationship with him, and how I can be a better father.

It will be nice to have my lovely wife back home tonight. What's funny is the the first night she was gone and last night were the two nights I had the most trouble trying to sleep.

I thank the Lord for the traveling mercies he gave my wife and daughter (the older one), and I praise him for the wonderful time I had watching my youngest daughter grow with leaps and bounds.

Isnt God just so wonderful brother? He will keep us safe and can let us see exactly what we need to see at exactly the time we all need to see them. I know that there is so many things that I need to improve on in my fatherly figure that my children need in me. I love my children with all my heart and there is nothing in the world like going into my little girls bed room of a morning to pick her little smiling face... What a blessing from God that sometimes we all take for granted. I thank God every day for my family and children and the blesssings that has given me and the ones that he is gonna give me in the future. Never forget the blessings that God gives us every day, just waking up being able to get out and work or play is a totall blessing from our God.
God Bless
Elvis

stlrtruck 06-05-2007 07:35 AM

Well, this particular journey has come to an end. Wife and daughter arrived late last night safe and sound.

And me being the understanding, compassionate, loving husband had a box of Krispy Kreme donuts waiting for her.

Thanks again for all your prayers!