Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Scrubs & Duds (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17068)

Indy_Steelers 05-29-2007 06:50 PM

Scrubs & Duds

http://www.steelertribute.com/75/index.php?

If you go to this website you can register and vote for the all time underachievers and underrated players. It is their fun way to celebrate the 75th anniversary.

yinzer-inseattle 05-29-2007 08:44 PM

Re: Scrubs & Duds

that was a lot of fun. thanks for posting LJ71

The Duke 05-29-2007 09:22 PM

"Staley's uniform during his two seasons in Pittsburgh consisted of a gray sweatshirt with matching sweat pants"

classic :dang:

abgroove 05-30-2007 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 251972)
"Staley's uniform during his two seasons in Pittsburgh consisted of a gray sweatshirt with matching sweat pants"

classic :dang:

I have worn that same uniform to the Steeler bars in Atlanta :tt02:

klick81 05-30-2007 09:26 AM

I read all those...as funny as some of them were, that took wayyyyy too much of my time. LOL...

onthebus36 05-30-2007 09:27 AM

I remember seeing an article somewhere that took Duce's salary for last season and divided it by his carries and it came out to something like $58,000.00 a carry.

Let's hope Kevan Barlow has better luck with #22.

Livinginthe past 05-30-2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onthebus36 (Post 252094)
I remember seeing an article somewhere that took Duce's salary for last season and divided it by his carries and it came out to something like $58,000.00 a carry.

Let's hope Kevan Barlow has better luck with #22.

Ouch, if you look at the comparative cap hits/production of Willie Parker and Duce Staley in the 3 years they have been Steelers it hits home even more.

Willie Parker

Total Cap Hit (3 years) - $1.9million
Total Yards - 2882

Total Cost Per Yard - $660

Duce Staley

Total Cap Hit (3 years) - $6million
Total Yards - 978

Total Cost Per Yard - $6134

Willie does represent tremendous value, but Staley has cost just under 10 times as much per yard - pretty shocking.

That distance will get wider this year as Staley is worth a $3.8million cap hit this year and a $3.1million cap hit next year - with absolutely no production for it.

tony hipchest 05-30-2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past (Post 252116)
That distance will get wider this year as Staley is worth a $3.8million cap hit this year and a $3.1million cap hit next year - with absolutely no production for it.

did the patriots unofficial capologist provide you with those numbers or was it PFT? perhaps your just having some more offseason fun by spreading steeler "doom and gloom" and just making stuff up. since i have already corrected you on the above figures i would guess its the latter.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16852

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past (Post 248432)
Duce Staley

2007 - $3.9million
2008 - $3.2million

What are the Steeler nations thoughts on these numbers?

so is it 3.1 or 3.2? doesnt matter cause theyre both wrong. duce was fired and his signing bonus will be off the books in 08. as previously quoted:

Quote:

On or around December 4, 2006, Staley was cut. This resulted in dead money. Since he is a veteran with who was on the opening day roster, his base salary is guaranteed and counts in full. In addition, his prorated signing bonus for 2006 ($1,171,250) will count on the 2006 salary cap. The remainder of his prorated signing bonus ($2,342,500 – dead money) counts towards the 2007 salary cap. His cap value for 2006 remains the same ($2,671,250).

Livinginthe past 05-30-2007 01:45 PM

Ha ha.

No, I used figures from a previously solid source: www.steelersalarycap.com

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...own/staley.jpg

It does have a comment at the bottom saying that the 'signing bonus' will be paid off in a single year but the actual cap hit of $3.1million for 2008 still shows on the chart.

Thats basically what im going off - if you are sure that the rest of that cap hit is nullified, then fair enough that wasn't my understanding of the situation.

Steeler nation breathes a sigh of relief im sure, and the posters at Steeler Fever are safe again from the prospect of 'doom and gloom' spread by a guy quoting from a site called steelersalarycap no less :toofunny:

Anyway it doesn't detract from the original thrust of my post - Duce Staley has cost 10 times more than Willie Parker per yard during their 3 year spells with the team.

And thats pretty shocking.

tony hipchest 05-30-2007 02:42 PM

you do understand that duce staley was cut, and that "base salary" only counts as a "cap hit" if you actually employ that player, right? i think youre confusing a players cap value with their cap hit. either that or you still think staley is on the roster.

since he was fired his base salary of $4,690,000 (for the 2 remaining) is out the door with him and all that remains is the $2,342,500 pro rated portion of his signing bonus, which is paid off in lump sum rather than being pro rated (as per league rules).

Quote:

No, I used figures from a previously solid source: www.steelersalarycap.com
id say its still a pretty solid source if you understand what youre reading.