Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Morgan satisfied with No. 4 role (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1711)

BlitzburghRockCity 09-07-2005 11:25 PM

Morgan satisfied with No. 4 role

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05251/567708.stm

After Hines Ward, Quincy Morgan has more starts than the rest of the Steelers receivers combined but said he'll be happy to serve as their No. 4 man this season.

He hopes to start doing that Sunday against Tennessee.

"If they have plans to put me in the game, I'll be ready," said Morgan, signed Tuesday after the Cowboys released him.

Morgan (6 feet 1, 215 pounds) started 52 games in five seasons in the league. He wasn't happy with his role on the Cowboys after he slipped to No. 4, but that is no problem here, he said.

"That's my spot right now; that's the role I have to play. If it changes, it changes. But right now we have a good group of guys, I'm just coming in, I really don't know this offense but I'm learning."

The Steelers have given him a core of plays to learn quickly so they might use him Sunday.

"He's a very productive, veteran receiver," coordinator Ken Whisenhunt said.

"He's fought the battles, he's been successful. He's a good-sized guy who has good speed, been very productive and made some big plays.

That's exciting to have a guy of that caliber add depth to your team."

Koopa 09-07-2005 11:40 PM

Re: Morgan satisfied with No. 4 role

hopefully him being satisfied with being the 4th option doesn't last long. hopefully he'll compete with ARE and wilson and bring the best out of them cause they don't want to lose thier spots.

SteelersWyo 09-08-2005 10:23 AM

He better be happy with it. He's been sent from team to team because he is not worth much. He's lucky we picked him up.

squirreljr_98 09-08-2005 10:27 AM

I always liked QM -even when he was with the Brownies...

I think he'll fit in great, just hope he can get that playbook down asap...

Black-n-Gold 09-08-2005 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirreljr_98
I always liked QM -even when he was with the Brownies...

I think he'll fit in great, just hope he can get that playbook down asap...

I agree, I have a good feeling about him. Tall, and fast with a good quarterback, he'll have a good year.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-08-2005 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersWyo
He better be happy with it. He's been sent from team to team because he is not worth much. He's lucky we picked him up.

I tend to agree here.. like I said in another thread. He may have good speed and have good hands and all that; but if he was THAT good he wouldnt be a journeyman WR for last 5 years.

He can help us out Im sure and competition always brings out the best in everyone.

Blitzburgh55 09-08-2005 04:46 PM

morgan should be the third revceriver wilson sucks

Koopa 09-08-2005 04:58 PM

Quote:

what do you mean sent from team to team? he hasn't been sent from team to team, he stayed with the browns for 3 and a half years, and then spent the rest of last year with the cowboys, and now here. he hasn't been sent around like the news papers and internet articles make it out to be. they mention 3 teams in five years, but it's not that bad cause he was with one team for along time. you'll have a different tone when he's catching bombs and scoreing, and he will be starting before this season is over, and then he'll be on his merry way at the end of the season cause he'll have his ring and he'll want more money.

clevestinks 09-09-2005 03:14 AM

Quote:

\
I feel the opposite. We needed to add a veteran wr for depth. Wilson hasnt shown much yet. We really dont have a so-called deep threat. Morgan in time may challenge to be the number three guy and possibly number two. I think we are lucky to pick him up at this point.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-09-2005 07:49 AM

So what if Morgan doesnt show us all that much??? Cedric was touted as a beast WR ,good speed, can stretch the field, though just like morgan..and so far cedric has had a bit of a rough go..and he was supposed to be the answer to plax or atleast help out.. so Im just alittle worried and hope that they dont expect too much from Morgan till we see what he does first. He'll help us out, sure, no doubts there, but I'll reserve all my praise for him on a higher level till we see what he does.