Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Who was better? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17128)

GBMelBlount 06-02-2007 08:04 PM

Who was better?

Apparently Sgt. Pepper is now 40 years ago. Just wondering, of possibly the two greatest of all time, who do you pick. Beatles or Elvis? Favorite song? Favorite album?

SteelCzar76 06-02-2007 08:13 PM

Re: Who was better?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBMelBlount (Post 252922)
Apparently Sgt. Pepper is now 40 years ago. Just wondering, of possibly the two greatest of all time, who do you pick. Beatles or Elvis? Favorite song? Favorite album?

Gotta say The Beatles GBMB. Though i won't name a favorite album. As there have been too many great Albums IMO of varying 'genres' of music for me to do so. :cheers:

tony hipchest 06-02-2007 09:37 PM

while i appreciate elvis i would more likely download 50 beatles songs on my ipod than 50 of his. tough to pick a favorite.

too tough to pick a favorite album but i probably like the stuff most from when they were flying high with lucy in the sky between 66-70, in this order if i had to choose:

magical mystery tour
white album
sgt peppers lonely heart club band
revolver
let it be

but i cant say any are really better than "a hard days night" or songs like "8 days a week".

wings and john lennons solo work is more my era so i have alot of songs from them i like too. i got a chance to see paul mccartney in concert in 92-93, and i gotta say when he did "let it be" as a tribute to john lennon, with all the psychadelic imagery on the 4 huge jumbotrons, i had chicken skin for about half an hour.

HometownGal 06-02-2007 09:46 PM

I gotta go with The Beatles, too, Tony. The deciding factor for me is that not only did they make some really great records, they were great lyricists as well. Some of the lyrics were really deep.

My fave Beatles tune is Yesterday, followed closely by A Hard Days Night. :cheers:

However, if it comes down to gyration, Elvis won hands down! :wink02::banana:

GBMelBlount 06-02-2007 11:21 PM

Beatles, White album, Blackbird

Elvis 06-03-2007 07:04 AM

Elvis... no doubt about it:tt02:
Suspicous Minds is my favorite song.....:helmet:
Live from Hawaii was my favorite CD.... :coffee:
Jesus Rules
Elvis

LambertIsGod58 06-03-2007 08:22 AM

I was a huge Beatles fan back in my early teenage years...But I would have say that I listen to more Elvis now. If you look back I don't think there is any denying that the Beatles were the better act. I think Elvis may have been the better performer. Favorite Beatles album was "Rubber Soul", song "In My Life". Favorite Elvis songs....Suspicious Minds, Memories, My Way, In the Ghetto and Kentucky Rain. Can't pick a favorite CD, don't know any.

PisnNapalm 06-03-2007 09:28 AM

The Monkees

LambertIsGod58 06-03-2007 09:59 AM

Never a big Monkees fan....even though they were the first concert I ever went to. It was their reunion back in 1986.

Hammer67 06-03-2007 10:56 AM

Hmmm...I would say this is very generational. I prefer the Beatles post-Revolver. But I prefer Elvis to the pre-Revolver Beatles.