Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Pirates (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Torres should be released. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17142)

Jeremy 06-03-2007 04:48 PM

Torres should be released.
 
He has become the worst relief pitcher in baseball. He and Jim Tracy should both be fired on the same day. One keeps blowing games and the other keeps putting him in to do so.

SteelCityMan786 06-03-2007 04:49 PM

Re: Torres should be released.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 253157)
He has become the worst relief pitcher in baseball. He and Jim Tracy should both be fired on the same day. One keeps blowing games and the other keeps putting him in to do so.

You can say that again. They need to make moves while they're still in it.

Jeremy 06-03-2007 04:53 PM

Re: Torres should be released.
 
I hope he was booed out of the stadium for that crap.

SteelCityMan786 06-03-2007 04:55 PM

Re: Torres should be released.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 253160)
I hope he was booed out of the stadium for that crap.

Something tells me he was.

Jeremy 06-03-2007 06:31 PM

Re: Torres should be released.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 (Post 253161)
Something tells me he was.

I'm so tired of retreads in the bullpen when we have young arms that need a chance.

X-Terminator 06-03-2007 07:23 PM

Re: Torres should be released.
 
You know, the sad thing is that Tracy didn't take all that long before he brought the hammer down on Tony Armas for stinking up the joint and relegated him to a non-factor on the team (he's still on the team, right?)...but he continues to give Torres chance after chance after chance even after constantly screwing the Pirates out of wins. This now makes 6 wins that he has cost the Pirates, but will that stop Tracy from sending him out there again? No. It's f'ing ridiculous and totally expected from a franchise that stopped caring about winning the minute the first receipts came in from PNC Park in 2001.

What they need to do is dump Torres, Grabow and Bayliss and call up Bullington, VanBenschoten and any available left-hander they have in the minors. They can't possibly do any worse.

SteelCityMan786 06-03-2007 09:04 PM

Re: Torres should be released.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Terminator (Post 253203)
You know, the sad thing is that Tracy didn't take all that long before he brought the hammer down on Tony Armas for stinking up the joint and relegated him to a non-factor on the team (he's still on the team, right?)...but he continues to give Torres chance after chance after chance even after constantly screwing the Pirates out of wins. This now makes 6 wins that he has cost the Pirates, but will that stop Tracy from sending him out there again? No. It's f'ing ridiculous and totally expected from a franchise that stopped caring about winning the minute the first receipts came in from PNC Park in 2001.

What they need to do is dump Torres, Grabow and Bayliss and call up Bullington, VanBenschoten and any available left-hander they have in the minors. They can't possibly do any worse.

Amen to that brother.

Jeremy 06-03-2007 10:54 PM

Re: Torres should be released.
 
I'll be more optimistic about this team the day Jim Tracy sees Pittsburgh in his rear view mirror.

Jeremy 06-03-2007 11:00 PM

Re: Torres should be released.
 
Here's the kicker, Joe Beimel got the save. Yeah, that Joe Beimel. The same guy our brilliant front office gave up on.

X-Terminator 06-04-2007 12:20 PM

Re: Torres should be released.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 253254)
Here's the kicker, Joe Beimel got the save. Yeah, that Joe Beimel. The same guy our brilliant front office gave up on.

To be fair, a couple of other teams gave up on Beimel before the Dodgers took a chance on him. The two that burn me more are Bronson Arroyo and Chris Young - Young in particular. He's done a real nice job of making the Pirates regret that decision, hasn't he?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum