Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Raiders @ Patriots... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1715)

bigbensgirl7 09-08-2005 09:45 AM

Raiders @ Patriots...

who's going to win tonight???

Steel - X 09-08-2005 09:53 AM

Re: Raiders @ Patriots...

I dont see the Raiders pulling out this upset I just can not see it happening. The Raiders may look like they have a high powered offense but do they? With the addition of Moss yes I agree they do look better on paper but is Collins going to be any better with him? Jordan is very raw and has not been the man before in his career he is basically a rookie. I see the pats winning by 14.

bigbensgirl7 09-08-2005 10:01 AM

I agree. As much as I would like the Raiders to beat the Pats...I don't see it happening!

Steel - X 09-08-2005 10:06 AM

Hey it could happen and I maybe way off but I just can not see the Pats in the NFL opener on national TV loosing as much as I dislike the pats because they seem to beat us in all the big games they are a very good team and they are the team to beat.

Prosdo 09-08-2005 12:04 PM

I'm going with the Patriots. I just think they will come out on top.

RoethlisBURGHer 09-08-2005 12:50 PM

I see the Raiders pulling out the upset,so I chose the Raiders.

Koopa 09-08-2005 02:56 PM

i would've said the patirots but today in history class me and my cousin started talkin about the game and he got me to change my mind, cause i don't think they'll be able to stop moss or porter, so i'm gonna go with the raiders

Ambridge 09-08-2005 03:20 PM

If I'm not mistaken the Patriots have yet to lose a regular season game at Gillette Stadium.

New England-24
Oakland-13

Suitanim 09-08-2005 03:22 PM

I hate both teams, but the Raiders have won less lately, and aren't the media darlings the Pats are, so I'm going emotionally with the Raiders. I think Collins will test the Pats DB's deep, and the Pats will have trouble stopping the run, so I think they are a safe pick, although it's tough to bet against the Pats at home...if this was in the Coliseum, it'd be a no-brainer.

SteelZeal 09-08-2005 03:49 PM

Quote:

I think Collins will test the Pats DB's deep, and the Pats will have trouble stopping the run, so I think they are a safe pick, although it's tough to bet against the Pats at home...if this was in the Coliseum, it'd be a no-brainer.
The Pats will have trouble stopping the run? A safe pick? A no-brainer if it was in Oakland? Huh?

The only reason for the Pats to lose this game would be the first week factor - there are a lot of aberration wins in week one. But the Pats have something called "defense," and the Raiders do not.

Pats 31 - Raiders 17