Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   If you could Clone a Former Steeler? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17152)

Elvis 06-04-2007 10:37 AM

If you could Clone a Former Steeler?

If you could clone one former Steeler player to play for our team this year, who would it be?
My Answer:
Mean Joe Greene:tt02:

Crushzilla 06-04-2007 10:41 AM

Re: If you could Clone a Former Steeler?

This is funny because I just read how you wish we could clone Jack Lambert and Mean Joe for the Def and I was gonna start a thread asking an interesting hypothetical. Since this sort of applies I'll ask it here.

This kind of goes with your question Wedo. Do you think the Steel Curtain of the 1970's could thrive in today's NFL?

As to answer your question. I would go say Rod Woodson would make our secondary hands down the best in the NFL.

Polamalu, Smith, Woodson, Ike.

fansince'76 06-04-2007 10:53 AM

Since Wedo already named my 1st choice (MJG), gotta go with Iron Mike, especially considering the big question mark we now have at center.

The Duke 06-04-2007 10:55 AM

Definetely Mean Joe.

Elvis 06-04-2007 11:46 AM

Mike Webster could have played in todays game, I believe. He was the greatest Center to play the game in my opinion. Too bad his life had to end the way it did
:tombstone Mike Webster

lamberts-lost-tooth 06-04-2007 11:48 AM

Lambert.....with All of his teeth.

stlrtruck 06-04-2007 11:53 AM

I was thinking Iron Mike too. But Rod is the man. That quad party in the def backfield would be helter skelter for offensive coordinators.

But since others took some of my answers, let me go back and pull one out of the tables
TE - Weegie Thompson

But on defense...Donnie Shell

As for the Steel Curtain, I feel confident that they would have success in today's league. I mean let's face it, that group played as a cohesive unit before that was a term. Each player knew what the other was doing - and they were the definition of aggressive defense!

stlrtruck 06-04-2007 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 253430)
Lambert.....with All of his teeth.

Well that about takes all the fun out of it.

DACEB 06-04-2007 02:15 PM

We could use a WR that Ben could just throw it up for and they would make the catch, Swann!!

Mosca 06-04-2007 02:18 PM

Wow, wedo. My very first thought was Mean Joe Greene. That was the guy who started it all the first time.

I loved watching all those other guys; but Joe Greene was the one who was the anchor of it all.

Tom