Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Recipes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Awesome Party Sandwiches! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17286)

Maidenarcher 06-10-2007 09:25 PM

Awesome Party Sandwiches!

One of my friends shared this recipe with me. I used it last night for a party I had. These sandwiches were great. I made three baguettes. Every sandwich was eaten, and I had people asking me if there was any left.

1 Baguette or French Bread loaf
shaved ham
provolone cheese

Note: Use whatever meat and cheese you like. I prefer these two....Now, turkey isn't that good on it...However, roast beef and cheddar ain't bad.

1 stick real butter
1 teaspoon mustard
1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce

Cut your baguette in half lengthwise. Then pile as much meat and cheese as you like. I wouldn't overload it though. Then cut your sandwiches into nice size slices. Put on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Leave a little space between each sandwich.

Melt your butter, add mustard, and worcestershire sauce....Stir well. Pour or spoon over the sandwiches and make sure to get some of your sauce on the sides of the sandwiches.
Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes..........

Enjoy!

Crushzilla 06-11-2007 05:21 AM

Re: Awesome Party Sandwiches!

I'm having trouble remembering how large a Baguette is. The "topping" yields enough for all the little sandwiches? Sounds great. :thumbsup:

Maidenarcher 06-11-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushzilla (Post 255543)
I'm having trouble remembering how large a Baguette is. The "topping" yields enough for all the little sandwiches? Sounds great. :thumbsup:

A baguette is just the skinny and longer version of regular french bread. And for 1 baguette or loaf of french bread the sauce is plenty. However, if you make more than one baguette you will have to double, triple, etc the recipe for the sauce......

memphissteelergirl 06-11-2007 04:18 PM

Sounds good...will add this to the collection!

HometownGal 06-14-2007 04:20 PM

These sound awesome!!! :thumbsup: With football season rapidly approaching, these would be great for Steelers parties! Thanks Maiden! :cheers:

Crushzilla 06-15-2007 11:20 AM

Is it odd that I'm in this conversation? Being the only guy and all...

HometownGal 06-15-2007 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushzilla (Post 256743)

Nope - not at all Crush. Most of the best chefs (and cooks) in the world are men. :thumbsup:

So - when are you going to post one of your favorite recipes? :wink02:

stlrtruck 06-15-2007 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushzilla (Post 256743)

Crush, don't worry, I may not have posted in the thread but I copied the recipe so I'd have it for later.