Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Congrats to the Irish... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1734)

Suitanim 09-10-2005 03:40 PM

Congrats to the Irish...

They are definitely for real, basically shutting down a very good Wolverine's offense. As a Buckeyes fan, I thank you...remember, one of our sayings is "My favorite team is the Buckeyes, and my second favorite team is whoever is playing Michigan"

BlitzburghRockCity 09-10-2005 05:10 PM

Re: Congrats to the Irish...

I was quite surprised..but they held their own all game long, and the wolverines didnt score a TD till about 3 minutes left

tootalltoscore 09-10-2005 05:38 PM

I reckon' it was that pep talk that the Bus gave them prior to the game, he was certainly happy with the result :grin:

I.C. Lights 09-15-2005 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tootalltoscore
I reckon' it was that pep talk that the Bus gave them prior to the game, he was certainly happy with the result :grin:

Definitely could have been. Maybe he can teach Walker how to drag four defensemen on his back!

Anyway, thanks for the love Suitanim, I know its not easy for an Ohio St. fan, but hopefully we can repay you by knocking off a few more big ten opponents. Gotta get ready for Michigan St. now, I thought it would be easy at first, but with McKnight injured, it could be a challenge. I hope Weis can impress on the team the importance of ending State's winning streak at ND.

Suitanim 09-16-2005 09:05 AM

It is odd that out of all the Big 10 powerhouses, it's MSU that has the Irish's number...it's a trap game, for sure...

Ambridge 09-17-2005 11:40 AM

Hopefully Notre Dame will stay undefeated until Oct, 15 and have a big show-down with USC.

I think that's the game that will tell how for real The Irish are.

I.C. Lights 09-17-2005 05:49 PM

It's halftime and ND's down seven. Could really use McKnight right about now..too bad he's injured. We'll see if they can grind this one out. This is a good test.

I.C. Lights 09-17-2005 06:35 PM

Ugh...this is turning into the standard Michigan State nightmare game. I gotta check out before the game's finished, but I don't think ND's coming back. Looks like Michigan St should be ranked pretty high next week.

Suitanim 09-18-2005 09:11 AM

I've never seen a team have another's number like this...

Now I want ND to beat USC real bad...

I.C. Lights 09-18-2005 11:49 AM

You and me both. At least ND beat Michigan State last year and the games against them are pretty close. USC has humiliated ND the last couple years. If ND can beat USC this season, I don't think anyone will care too much about how the rest of the games go.