Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   keeper help (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17492)

PalmerSteel 06-20-2007 07:15 PM

keeper help

i can keep one guy. the obvious ones i have to decide from is McGahee, maroney, and alexander. i was also considering seeing if the willie parker owner would be willing to trade him for one of these guys. i dont want to be a homer on my fantasy team or anything, but is willie worth having over all 3 of these guys?

verks36 06-20-2007 07:53 PM

Re: keeper help

truthfully in a fantasy aspect willie is not worth having over those guys.

What is the scoring style of your league?

BeuffordLTD 06-21-2007 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerSteel (Post 258069)
i can keep one guy. the obvious ones i have to decide from is McGahee, maroney, and alexander. i was also considering seeing if the willie parker owner would be willing to trade him for one of these guys. i dont want to be a homer on my fantasy team or anything, but is willie worth having over all 3 of these guys?

I have Maroney pegged a few points higher than McGahee for the upcoming season. If you are in a points per reception league, I would definately take Maroney before McGahee or Alexander.

LambertIsGod58 06-21-2007 08:16 AM

I would say that Alexander is your best bet. McGahee is unproven in Baltimore. Maroney hasn't shown that he can be an every down back yet and Parker is not in the elite backs clubs IMO. If he were to get goal line carries, maybe.

Livinginthe past 06-21-2007 02:37 PM

Well, I would definitely place Parker and Alexander ahead of the other two names you mention.

Maroney will have an excellent avg ypc but probably wont see the ball as much as Willie, McGahee or Alexander.

I think Alexander will be guaranteed goaline carries (TD's are big points I presume) as will McGahee but the latter features on an ineffective offense.

If I had to pick one those listed I would go with Alexander (and then Willie).

If I could pick any back in the league it would be Jackson.

PalmerSteel 06-21-2007 04:32 PM

so i got 2 for alexander and 1 so far for maroney. the injury bug worries me with alexander though. it seems it happens quite often that when RB's get some sort of injury that keeps them out for at least a few games and they are over the age of 30, it is all down hill. good insights!

PalmerSteel 06-21-2007 04:33 PM

oh yeah. it is standard scoring and no extra points for each reception.

SuckItUp 07-02-2007 04:39 AM

I'm not sold on Sean myself. I think he's resting on old laurels...ie. 2005 stats. He was on my team last year, and without Harrison on the left side to block for him, he was considerably sub-par. Injury aside, now that he's been paid the big bucks, his running style is weak and unmotivated.

My first picks for r.b. would be L.T. then Jackson.

pittsburghp8baller 07-02-2007 11:37 AM

i hate to say it but id go with the raven. he has proven that he is a decent rb even on a awful team. now put him in a system where u know they will run the ball and give him decent blocking watch out

PalmerSteel 07-02-2007 07:42 PM

ok, so this really opens thing up. 2 for alexander. 1 for maroney and 1 for mcgahee. also, i could throw them all back in the hat and get either addai or gore. the owner will have to give one of them up.