Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Disappointed... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1754)

The JoKeR 09-11-2005 04:06 PM

Disappointed...

I know I'm new here and I usually don't complain much about anything, but today I ran into something rather sad and disturbing. I'm in the Air Force and am working today. I've had at LEAST 5 people ask me what today's date was. Now on a normal day that's fine....but 4 years ago today is when the towers fell, flight 93 went down in shanksville, and the pentagon was under attack. On the outside it might not seem like a big deal...but this is the military we're talking about. Just a gripe on my part, but please keep the families and friends of the victims in your thoughts for at least one day out of the year. :usa:

Prosdo 09-11-2005 04:50 PM

Re: Disappointed...

Definitely remembered it here. I was in school when the attacks happened and it was so surreal to be watching that. Don't think that is something I could ever forget. My prayers and thoughts are with those families.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-11-2005 07:56 PM

How in the world could you possibly forget such an eventful day in our History!!! To me, thats like asking what the date is on Christmas day or Thanksgiving. I mean comon, those 2 days are holidays, but people should have buried in their hearts what 9/11 is all about by now.

bigbensgirl7 09-11-2005 10:31 PM

I dont know...this is one of those days that I will remember and think of for the rest of my life!

figg 09-12-2005 12:30 AM

Some people just dont care. Maybe because it didnt happen in their backyard :rolleyes:
Here's an example of someone who doesnt have a clue! :bash:

Quoting GoCats
(Q)Where were you when you heard and what was going on?
(A)At home

(Q)What was your first emotion to everything?
(A)I Just wanted the white house to get it

(Q)What did you do for the rest of the day?
Played Red Alert 2

(Q)What's your worst memory of everything?
(A)George Bush still alive

(Q)And, just tell us what the overall experience has done for you and your life...
(A)Kind of sucked, because it lowered interest rates dramatically, and raised housing prices 3X

http://forums.cincybengals.com/showt...?t=6974&page=1

Livinginthe past 09-12-2005 05:39 AM

I really dont think this is the time to be scoring petty points Figg - grow up already.

NM

figg 09-12-2005 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I really dont think this is the time to be scoring petty points Figg - grow up already.

NM

WTF? :rolleyes:

Steel - X 09-12-2005 12:34 PM

911 I remember... Sad day. Hey Joker thanks for all you do my man if there werent people like you out there this country would be in shambles. Thanks again for all your courage and honor appreciated.

Hines0wnz 01-12-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The JoKeR (Post 19631)
I know I'm new here and I usually don't complain much about anything, but today I ran into something rather sad and disturbing. I'm in the Air Force and am working today. I've had at LEAST 5 people ask me what today's date was. Now on a normal day that's fine....but 4 years ago today is when the towers fell, flight 93 went down in shanksville, and the pentagon was under attack. On the outside it might not seem like a big deal...but this is the military we're talking about. Just a gripe on my part, but please keep the families and friends of the victims in your thoughts for at least one day out of the year. :usa:

Sad. This is why the ACLU and other "groups" should be told to shut the hell up when images or video of 9/11 is shown. People forget and move on and the islamofacists are counting on that to strike us again. The WTC was hit twice you know but no one remembers that? Clinton obviously forgot and Bush gets blamed for it? I will never forget, hell I will never forget Pearl Harbor and that was two generations before I was born! We all need to have less attitude about being offended when it comes to 9/11 and make sure every man, woman, child, aunt, uncle, mom, dad, son, daughter, best friend, stranger, traffic cop, dog walker, etc. etc. etc. remembers what happened on that day. We, as citizens, are the best defense of this country. They, the terrorists, count on our apathy to carry out their next mission of death. Be a real citizen and stand ready to take down anyone who would threaten our security as a nation.

Sorry for the uh.....rant but stories about people forgetting such tragedies really surprise me and get my blood steaming. :usa: :shake01: