Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The 2000's: Perhaps the worst decade for television in years. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17566)

Edman 06-24-2007 10:04 AM

The 2000's: Perhaps the worst decade for television in years.

It may be just me, but for some reason there just isn't anything overly fantastic to watch on TV anymore. It just seems that all television stations just lost all originality. I'll admit, there are some decent shows out there. But is there anything out there that doesn't involve sex jokes, cursing, and someone not getting killed every episode?

SteelCityMan786 06-24-2007 10:14 AM

Re: The 2000's: Perhaps the worst decade for television in years.

Except for one reality tv show which I've watched every season of(The Apprentice which is coming off the air unless another station picks it up). In addition to our game shows and other sports related shows, nope, afraid there really are no others.

Livinginthe past 06-24-2007 10:47 AM

Dont you watch the Discovery Channel or documentaries?

Tony The Tiger says : Get some exercise, couch potato.

SteelCityMan786 06-24-2007 10:49 AM

Nope, I don't watch those. I have a lot going on this summer anyway.

Crushzilla 06-24-2007 11:08 AM

There are some awesome shows on discovery. Man V. Wild is insane and Mythbusters is always very interesting. you just have to look. TLC and History have good things going a lot of the time as well. I suppose its what you are into.

I actually usually end up on ESPN, ESPN2, or Fox Sports...

At school its the NFL Network

SteelCityMan786 06-24-2007 11:08 AM

I just wish I had the NFL Network.

Preacher 06-24-2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edman (Post 259180)
It may be just me, but for some reason there just isn't anything overly fantastic to watch on TV anymore. It just seems that all television stations just lost all originality. I'll admit, there are some decent shows out there. But is there anything out there that doesn't involve sex jokes, cursing, and someone not getting killed every episode?

Your right... I think in general, it is a devolution of culture. the crasser... the funnier.

What a shame.

SteelCityMan786 06-24-2007 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 259204)
Your right... I think in general, it is a devolution of culture. the crasser... the funnier.

What a shame.

Welcome to today's reality.

Edman 06-24-2007 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushzilla (Post 259198)
There are some awesome shows on discovery. Man V. Wild is insane and Mythbusters is always very interesting. you just have to look. TLC and History have good things going a lot of the time as well. I suppose its what you are into.

I actually usually end up on ESPN, ESPN2, or Fox Sports...

At school its the NFL Network

Yes, those channels are neat. Especially Discovery Health. The stuff you see on there...wow. I like Survivorman, the Science channel, and when I get the chance I catch some old episodes of the Twilight Zone on Sci-fi. I'm not too old for cartoons just yet, so I watch some CN and Boomerang.

I don't watch ESPN much anymore. Too much glitz.

I just don't like the primetime shows, sitcoms, and 'reality' garbage they put out here nowadays.

Mosca 06-24-2007 11:48 AM

Uh, name a GOOD decade for television. Each one has had some good shows, sure; but the dreck has far outweighed the quality. For every M*A*S*H you had Three's Company, The A Team, The Partridge Family, etc.

TV has NEVER been very good. The best thing you can say about now is that it offers more choices than ever before. The worst thing you can say is that the choices are World Poker Tour, Girls Behaving Badly, Flip This House, and the millionth rerun of Look Who's Talking.

Tom