Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Football Mags :Holmes to have a great season (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17572)

SteelersJW 06-24-2007 12:45 PM

Football Mags :Holmes to have a great season

A lot of annual football magazines such as "Street & Smiths" and Pro football weekly predict Holmes will have an awesome season this year. Hopefully they're right. We could use a better performance from a # 2 reciever.

SteelCityMan786 06-24-2007 12:51 PM

Re: Football Mags :Holmes to have a great season

i think Holmes will have a good season. He's due to have a coming out party sooner or later. I think this season is it.

The Duke 06-24-2007 12:56 PM

Holmes is going to be an explosive receiver, we saw some of that at the end of the season, just imagine him playing like that all year long... and without fumbles :smile:

19ward86 06-24-2007 01:05 PM

i think ward might want to watch out because holmes is faster and can be a game changer;ward is a run-blocking, with great hands, descent height, and descent speed. ward is my favorite player but his age will start playing effect in the next season or two and he might be the 2nd guy in 2008-2009. i hope not but holmes is going to be the steelers version of torry holt.

The Duke 06-24-2007 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19ward86 (Post 259233)
i think ward might want to watch out because holmes is faster and can be a game changer;ward is a run-blocking, with great hands, descent height, and descent speed. ward is my favorite player but his age will start playing effect in the next season or two and he might be the 2nd guy in 2008-2009. i hope not but holmes is going to be the steelers version of torry holt.

Yeah, I was also thinking Holmes will replace Hines as the # 1 receiver even before he retires, but well, if he becomes better it would be better for the team and I know Hines will be fine with it.

SteelCityMan786 06-24-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 259226)
Holmes is going to be an explosive receiver, we saw some of that at the end of the season, just imagine him playing like that all year long... and without fumbles :smile:

I can see it now. Less of those fumbles resulting in more big gains and 6s.

Black@Gold Forever32 06-24-2007 02:04 PM

Ok, forone Holmes didn't fumble much as a WR.....Most of his fumbles happend when he was punt returning....Just keep him away from returns and let him focus on being an impact WR.....He had the 7th most rec. yards for rookie this decade.....Plus he didn't start most of the year.....I wouldn't be shocked if Holmes has around 1100 yards with 7-8 TDs this year....Especially if Ben bounces back strong.........

tony hipchest 06-24-2007 02:17 PM

ive put this before but its aways nice to compare:

s. holmes rookie year: 16games 4starts 49rec. 824yds. 16.8ave 2td

torry holts rookie year: 16games 15starts 52rec. 788yds 15.2ave 6td

i make the comparison cause they are so similar in size, stature and being the top wr prospect in their draft class. holmes wants to double all his production from last season. coincidentally holt put up 1600 yds his sophmore season which is the 2nd best year of his career.

stillers4me 06-24-2007 02:23 PM

Well now...........they all seem to be badmouthing our quarterback, insinuating that is better days are over, one year wonder, only a game manager, blah, blah, blah. If Holmes is expected to have a breakout year, isn't it safe to assume that the guy throwing him the ball is going to be pretty hot as well???????

I'm predicting the Ben/Santonio connection to be smokin' hot this year!!!!!!!!!!

I got the feeling that the Ben to Santonio play on New Year's Eve in Cinci in OT was just a teaser to what they had been working on during Santonio's rookie year. Add Hines Ward and a few red zone connections with Dallas Baker the Touchdown Maker to the mix and we got us a playoff run!

Now.........it all hinges on Ben remembering that his team wears black at home and white on the road. The whole throwback jersey deal has me worried..................:toofunny:

SteelCityMan786 06-24-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillers4me (Post 259272)
Well now...........they all seem to be badmouthing our quarterback, insinuating that is better days are over. one year wonder, blah, blah, blah. If Holmes is expecting to have a breakout year, isn't itsafe to assume that the guy throwing him the ball is going to be pretty hot as well???????

I'm predicting the Ben/Santonio connection to be smokin' hot this year!!!!!!!!!!

I got the feeling that the Ben to Santonio play on New Year's Eve in Cinci in OT was just a teaser to what they had been working on during Santonio's rookie year. Add Hines Ward and a few red zone connections with Dallas Baker the Touchdown Maker to the mix and we got us a playoff run!

Now.........it all hinges on Ben remembering that his team wears black at home and white on the road. The whole throwback jersey deal has me worried..................:toofunny:

If they think Santonio is going to have a break out year but not Ben is going to happen, I don't know what they've been smoking.

Oh and I make post

8000 in this thread