Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What Was Ben Doing? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1758)

TasmanianTroy271 09-11-2005 09:13 PM

What Was Ben Doing?

Just wanted to see what you all thought of his Preseason performance now that he got a perfect passer rating first game...

BlitzburghRockCity 09-11-2005 09:30 PM

Re: What Was Ben Doing?

Its preseason... nobody gameplans, nobody plays hard, no veteran wants to do anything other than get off the field.. all it is, is a bunch of plays designed to help put the people they wanna see do well in good situations.

Anybody who has a stellar preseason is no more ready for the regular season than a team that goes 0-4.

SteelerSal 09-11-2005 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TasmanianTroy271
Just wanted to see what you all thought of his Preseason performance now that he got a perfect passer rating first game...

I still think his preseason performance sucked and I always will because,well, IT DID!!

On the other hand, his game 1 performance was OUTSTANDING!! :bouncy:

Prosdo 09-11-2005 09:59 PM

I think it was just a lot of factors that helped him today like Blitz said. They have more time to focus, a set game plan, they got into a rhythm, and gained some confidence

bigbensgirl7 09-11-2005 10:21 PM

Also in preseason...we really did not see much. They didn't give anything away at all...this was definately not the same play calling as preseaosn. I could truely care less what happened in preseason. THis is when it mattters and if we play as well as we did today (esp. fro it being game 1)....watch out NFL!!!

BlitzburghRockCity 09-12-2005 12:28 AM

Yep preseason is nothing more than Vanilla football...and just another reason to that I really wish we could knock down the number of games to atleast 3 instead of 4 or 5

figg 09-12-2005 12:34 AM

Ben impressed me alot. I know he only attemted 11 passes bla bla bla- This kid had to answer questions everyday about a sophmore slump and then his preseason-He backed up his words when he told everyone not to worry.

clevestinks 09-12-2005 03:40 AM

We were all nervous! Ben really didnt get a whole lot of snaps in the preseason. And his confidence seemed low. His mechanics were off, but we have seen him throw the football before with great accuracy, so we knew he could. Yesterday he did. Great game Ben. Keep it up!

Detroit or Bust.

SteelProven 09-12-2005 06:55 AM

I just don't want to get to excited becuz as I recall in 2003 we started off very similar. T. Maddox going hog wild on the Ravens defense then getting our arses handed to us by the Chiefs. So I'll start getting excited after we beat a playoff team. Not saying this win isn't good but 80-90% of us knew the Titans were overmatched.

Steelers 27
Texans 16

Ironman 09-12-2005 07:27 AM

Bigger games against better teams are upcoming. I'm glad Ben was able to get some confidence back, but the real test is 9/25.