Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Return of the TE? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1764)

SteelersWyo 09-12-2005 09:45 AM

Return of the TE?

It was good to see the TEs get involved. They only caught 2 of Ben's completions, but one was for a TD, the other for about 27 yards and a 1st down. Is this the start of a passing game that uses the TE more? Hopefully it keeps up because it gives the offense balance and the better you are at that the more games you win.

Steel - X 09-12-2005 10:42 AM

Re: Return of the TE?

I agree. Miller is going to be a bad a$$ when they use him right

Prosdo 09-12-2005 11:16 AM

It was nice to see Miller get the TD. I am hoping they keep using the TE's especially Miller.

Koopa 09-12-2005 11:36 AM

yeah hopefully miller can get in the starting lineup and start striking fear into the defenses, i'm glad he got his first touchdown out of the way, hopefully this wasn't a fluke and won't happen for another 5 weeks. hopefully this is a weekly thing for miller

RoethlisBURGHer 09-12-2005 12:12 PM

Man,when Miller cracks to starting lineup (probally in a few weeks) this offense will be even more explosive.

TasmanianTroy271 09-12-2005 02:03 PM

Ironic that we play against Bruener next game... He was the man when he was with us, he probably would still be if we hadn't picked up Riemersma...

clevestinks 09-12-2005 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersWyo
It was good to see the TEs get involved. They only caught 2 of Ben's completions, but one was for a TD, the other for about 27 yards and a 1st down. Is this the start of a passing game that uses the TE more? Hopefully it keeps up because it gives the offense balance and the better you are at that the more games you win.

It might have only been two, but that was damn near 25%. lOL

atlsteelers 09-12-2005 06:24 PM

hey, ben completed nine passes, two to the TEs. that over 20% of the passes thrown to a TE. so maybe it is the return to the TE era? but in my opion its the Birth of the Willie Parker era...the Legend of Willie Parker

Blitzburgh55 09-12-2005 06:58 PM

ITS MILLER TIME

BlitzburghRockCity 09-12-2005 07:32 PM

Atleast we know his potential in game situations now..the more he does well for us, the more he'll get looks..knock on wood.