Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ranking the top 25 receivers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17644)

tony hipchest 06-27-2007 11:01 AM

Ranking the top 25 receivers

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ers/index.html

Quote:

Last week SI.com's Peter King ranked the 32 starting quarterbacks, which inspired me to look more closely at my former position, wide receiver. While receiver is one of the most glamorous positions in the NFL, these rankings are not based on the best highlight reel players and end-zone dancers. In taking the entire game into account -- route running, hands, run-after-catch ability, blocking and overall impact on the game -- here are my top 25 wide receivers based on how I think they will fare in 2007:
finally all the proper criteria to rank the wr's by. this oughtta easilly put hines ward in the top 10 and give him some respect, right? (.....this is gonna be good)

SteelCityMan786 06-27-2007 11:06 AM

Re: Ranking the top 25 receivers

You can tell it's a bias poll if Ward is lower the Douchebagzadeh and any Eagles Receivers.

fansince'76 06-27-2007 11:09 AM

Quote:

While receiver is one of the most glamorous positions in the NFL, these rankings are not based on the best highlight reel players and end-zone dancers.
:bs:

Ranking Mucho Stinko above Marvin Harrison and Torry Holt suggests that that is exactly what this list is based on (and being SI, is not surprising in the least). As far as Ward goes, he'll never get the respect he deserves, much like John Stallworth never did - possession receivers (other than Largent) usually don't.

Livinginthe past 06-27-2007 11:17 AM

Can't really argue too much with Steve Smith at No.1 - he is the Carolina offense.

For any one player to carry a team is impressive - when that player is a WR its even more special.

Harrison is a great technician and benefits from having Reggie Wayne opposite him.

There is more to the game than raw stats - sure Chad Johnson puts up big numbers but I am struggling to remember him taking a game over that really mattered.

Driver is a little too high and Boldin has a reputation for being a garbage time bully.

Moss is too high at No.10. and Colston is too low at 25.

SteelCityMan786 06-27-2007 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past (Post 260548)
Can't really argue too much with Steve Smith at No.1 - he is the Carolina offense.

For any one player to carry a team is impressive - when that player is a WR its even more special.

Harrison is a great technician and benefits from having Reggie Wayne opposite him.

There is more to the game than raw stats - sure Chad Johnson puts up big numbers but I am struggling to remember him taking a game over that really mattered.

Driver is a little too high and Boldin has a reputation for being a garbage time bully.

Moss is too high at No.10. and Colston is too low at 25.

Let me correct myself

Partial Bias.

CantStop85 06-27-2007 12:38 PM

Calvin Johnson's already #20 and he hasn't even played in a single game. Wow. lol

rbryan 06-27-2007 01:17 PM

Who is Bucky Brooks?? When I first read this I thought TH was talking about his former position. lol Seriously though, I never of heard of Skippy Brooks.

lilyoder6 06-27-2007 02:12 PM

i can't beleive he put calvin johnson even in the top 25.. i think larry fitz should be placed higher than boldin.. he always has a beeter yr.

SteelCityMan786 06-27-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantStop85 (Post 260579)
Calvin Johnson's already #20 and he hasn't even played in a single game. Wow. lol

He's not that impressive. He needs to play a game first before getting ranked with the top receivers in the draft.

Crushzilla 06-27-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 (Post 260603)
He's not that impressive. He needs to play a game first before getting ranked with the top receivers in the draft.

Agreed. That is certainly a "sexy" pick. Its much more exciting to think about how a college stud may be a Pro Bowl rookie. How can a proven, tough receiver (and number one receiver) who won the Super Bowl MVP two years ago be considered after Johnson. Especially on the "basis" of this ranking. Why is this guy lying to himself. His ranking is the exact opposite of what he said it was. And, therefore, just as much of a piece of crap.

P.S. Does anyone else think that Randy Moss looks like a supreme jackass with his gloves on his facemask.