Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How should the US deal with illegal immigration? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17668)

SteelersMongol 06-29-2007 02:44 AM

How should the US deal with illegal immigration?

The US Senate has blocked a vote on a landmark immigration bill, dealing a major blow to one of President George W Bush's key policy planks.

The bill would have tightened border controls and have offered 12m illegal immigrants a path to citizenship.

Was Bush right to push for reform? How should countries deal with legal and illegal immigration? What is the situation like in your country?

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thre...20070629072750

SteelersMongol 06-29-2007 02:51 AM

Re: How should the US deal with immigration?

I know this is much debated issue pretty much everywhere on daily basis. But after reading the people's comments, I wanna see what our SF members gotta say.

We've similar problem in our country with illegal thousands of Chinese workers when we have big unemployment problem with ourselves, and there aren't anything's been done to solve the problem.

stillers4me 06-29-2007 06:44 AM

I can't answer the poll until you add the word "illegal". I have nothing against immigration. Just sign the guest book on the way in, please. Then you are an immigrant. When you sneak across the border and set up camp in my country and expect me to educate your children, pay for your health care and feed your elderly, then you are a criminal.

fansince'76 06-29-2007 07:36 AM

SteelersMongol, I went ahead and added the word "illegal" to your poll question - I think that is what you meant anyway(?) Thanks.

stlrtruck 06-29-2007 08:39 AM

Re: How should the US deal with illegal immigration?

When illegals are taking jobs from American's (regardless of the job they are doing), and they are receiving benefits that belong to the hard working people of this country - it's time the government do something.

SteelCzar76 06-29-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillers4me (Post 261025)
I can't answer the poll until you add the word "illegal". I have nothing against immigration. Just sign the guest book on the way in, please. Then you are an immigrant. When you sneak across the border and set up camp in my country and expect me to educate your children, pay for your health care and feed your elderly, then you are a criminal.

And that ladies and gentlemen,..........is the bottom line.

SteelersMongol 07-01-2007 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 261027)
SteelersMongol, I went ahead and added the word "illegal" to your poll question - I think that is what you meant anyway(?) Thanks.

Thank you. :smile:

FAB802 07-01-2007 10:07 PM

They need to go back to wherever they came from. I don't see how you can even debate if they are illegal.

SteelersMongol 07-01-2007 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillers4me (Post 261025)

Ha ha ha. For a moment I thought you were talking straight to me. :sofunny: When I was back in the US, I heard in a class that IF YOU actually COULD throw them out of the country, let's say in one night, the US economy would go down. Especially in the areas like Vegas, LA, San Diego, etc., possibly the entire West Coast could experience setback. And my understanding is that this is one of the reasons why they are not doing deportations in full scale thorougly. It's almost like some businesses want them there.

Also, even when there are millions of illegal workers are working in your country for low pay, the US big corporates are still moving their businesses to overseas for even lower cost. Silly thing is that they are not even moving those businesses to Mexico or Canada, which would've make more sense. So what would be right solution? Cuz to me, mass deportations is not gonna help, but make the situation worse.

verks36 07-01-2007 10:35 PM

Dont let illegals get just auto citizenship. We just dont let any1 in are country. Get the illegalsout of the US they waste so much of the taxx payers money. And they dont pay taxes but at the same time use the tax payers money with hoppitals welfare etc...

IF they want in so bad then do it legally by getting a green card or applying for citizenship like our for father