Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hey Steeler people how did you guys beat .... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=177)

FalconEddy 01-16-2005 06:31 PM

Hey Steeler people how did you guys beat ....

Philly way back when....you made it look easy. We are getting a little nervous down here, keeping in mind they had Owens back then but it didn't seem to matter to the Steelers at all. What was the secret and how did it play out? Oh yea what is the weather going to be like this coming Sunday up there?

ironcitychef 01-17-2005 02:40 AM

Re: Hey Steeler people how did you guys beat ....

Its something you guys should be able to do. Run. Plain and simple. Tell your offensive line, the one that created the number one rushing yards in the league, but somehow provided no pro bowlers, that they are soft and overrated. Then sit back as they open up hole after hole for Dunn, Duckett, and Vick. On defense, make McNabb beat you. He isnt as wild like Vick anymore. so cover the wides and te with an extra guy, and mix up who blitzes and who picks up westbrook out of the back. Now granted Philly is a great team, but this plan seems to make them more average than super.

FalconEddy 01-17-2005 10:06 AM

?Cool, now you guys have to beat the PATS in order for it to be a great year.... I keep hearing them talk about stoping Ward and forcing Roth to through quicker then he wants. I know they had Mannings number but Ben can move much better then Peyton and the Steeler's reciever are not chumps like the Colts. I really think the Colts lacked attitude and Hunger. even if the Falcons loose I still want the Steelers to beat New England....But tell me how are you going to deal with Corey Dillon ? I mean was he major to their first loss ?early or was it that the Steelers played mistake free ball? Did the Jets expose anything New England can use and can you guys fix it ? Well, just like I told my cousin I hope to see you down in Jacksonville but ou have to win Sunday....Go Steelers!!

BlitzburghRockCity 01-17-2005 11:58 AM

We've dealt with cory dillon for years when he was a bungal...we know how he runs and how he has to be tackled, his tendancies, etc. Its gonna be a blast and a helluva game..but this year, Here's to the STeelers sending the Pats home instead of 2001!!!!

FalconEddy 01-17-2005 03:37 PM

Dang I'm listening to the radio....no one is giving the Steelers a chance. Does anyone know the spread?

ironcitychef 01-18-2005 02:12 AM

The pats are favored by 3 which after home field means they expect them to beat us by 6. As for Dillon, the plan is as follows: Pressure Brady with 4 man rush. Have 3 to maintain gaps. 3 to cover wrs and te, and troy to be the wildcard. worked before.

PittSteelerFanatic 01-18-2005 10:45 AM

[quote author=FalconEddy link=board=steelers;num=1105911100;start=0#2 date=01/17/05 at 08:06:16] ?Cool, now you guys have to beat the PATS in order for it to be a great year.... I keep hearing them talk about stoping Ward and forcing Roth to through quicker then he wants. I know they had Mannings number but Ben can move much better then Peyton and the Steeler's reciever are not chumps like the Colts. I really think the Colts lacked attitude and Hunger. even if the Falcons loose I still want the Steelers to beat New England....But tell me how are you going to deal with Corey Dillon ? I mean was he major to their first loss ?early or was it that the Steelers played mistake free ball? Did the Jets expose anything New England can use and can you guys fix it ? Well, just like I told my cousin I hope to see you down in Jacksonville but ou have to ?win Sunday....Go Steelers!![/quote]

Unfortunately, I'm not too sure we can stop them. I think we probably should have sand bagged, and not beaten them earlier this year. Now they are coming to our house to make us pay.

ben-to-hines 01-18-2005 12:07 PM

[quote author=PittSteelerFanatic link=board=steelers;num=1105911100;start=0#6 date=01/18/05 at 08:45:23]

Unfortunately, I'm not too sure we can stop them. I think we probably should have sand bagged, and not beaten them earlier this year. Now they are coming to our house to make us pay.[/quote]

IF WE SANDBAGGED we would be playing in Foxboro! I totally disagree!!!

PittSteelerFanatic 01-18-2005 12:16 PM

[quote author=ben-to-hines link=board=steelers;num=1105911100;start=0#7 date=01/18/05 at 10:07:53]

IF WE SANDBAGGED we would be playing in Foxboro! ?I totally disagree!!![/quote]

Does that matter? Our Steelers have not demonstrated that they can capitalize on the home field advantage. How many more times must our hopes and dreams for NFL supreamacy be crushed by those awe inspiring Patriiots?

FalconEddy 01-18-2005 05:26 PM

There are some points you must look at, Peyton Manning calls his own plays...so that means he was matching wits with the Defensive Cordinator from the Pats ,he should be excuting his plays and getting first downs. What does this mean? It means that when there was a defensive adjustment he had no counter since he could only call a play when he saw the defensive scheme and that being so, Peyton had a tendancy to pass more then run. Now the Steelers on the other hand will pound you running the ball regardless of the passing game and they have a much better Defense then the Colts and they let the dam coach call the plays. This is not wishful thinking but facts....You see it will come down to coaching and putting Brady on the ground real hard a few times (it may not hurt Tom but it will pump up the Defense). You say you know how to deal with Dillon from his Bengal days so deal with him and force them to call more passes then they want. This will cause them to dink and dump early in the 3rd quarter , prime for hard hits and interceptions and none of their defensive backfield is above 5'11"....football midgets!!!!Physical match goes to the Steelers , Billicik will be forced to run a few trick plays to gain the lead and all the Steeler coaching staff has to do is be ready for when he tries it. Then pound them until the game clock says 00:00 and then some. In other words just do what you do but with Championship intensity. We know Mike Vick is our bread and butter but it's got us this far so why do we want to stop doing what we did to get here.